Help your kids learn about and understand air pressure by helping them understand that air is real, expresses energy, and exerts pressure with these fun, hands on air pressure experiments for kids of all ages from preschool, pre-k, kindergaten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th graders. This lesson includes fun air pressure for kids explanations including egg in a bottle project, air pressure experiments with water, or try air pressure straw experiment. Plus we’ve included the classic air pressure can crusher in this introduction to be able to understand how airplanes fly.
Air Pressure Experiments
Kids are going to be so impressed when learning about air with these amazing Air Pressure Science Project. From blowing up a balloon with hot water to a egg in a bottle experiment and more – we have so many fun ways to learn about air pressure for kids These air pressure science experiments are perfect for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students.
Easy air experiments
In this water bottle experiment air pressure you will be able to show kids that air is real. Show them an empty soda bottle and ask them what is inside – chances are they will say nothing. Now put a balloon over the top.
Set 2 liter bottle in boiling water and watch the balloon inflate. (as air is heated the molecules spread out)
If it were empty how could it inflate? Air is real – we just can’t see it!
Air pressure experiment
You will need an empty soda can which you put just a little water in. Now heat it on the stove until hot. Meanwhile get ready a large bowl of ice water.
Now using tongs quickly put the hot can in the very cold water. It should collapse.
Air pressure experiments with water
Pick two children to compete in this science project. They should both have a glass containing a beverage. Put a straw in each glass, but one of the straws should have holes in them. Have the children compete to see who can drink the liquid the quickest.
Egg in a bottle
Air pressure experiments for 5th grade
Here you can see our Egg in a Bottle Science Experiment in reverse!
Plus don’t miss these book to help explain air pressure to kids.
Weather Activities for Kids
- Free Printable Seasons Worksheets w/ Season Wheel Printable
- EPIC Lego Water Cycle Model for Kids
- Large Printable Weather Unit for kids
- Cloud for Kids
- Hibernation preschool activities learning about weather
- Severe Storms for Kids – includes tornado in a bottle, what to do in an emergency, and storm worksheets for kids
- How to Make a Weather Vane – easy weather science project for elementary age students
- Lots of fun ideas for a weather theme this week
- Clever Rain Craft for kids to make
- Simple Air Pressure Experiments for kids
- Lots of weather printables to help kids learn about weather terms whil epracticing math and literacy skills
- HUGE Free Printable Weather Unit for lower elementary age children – activities, weather worksheets, and more
- Easy Floating Egg Experiment
- Amazing Egg in a Bottle Science Experiment
- Fun Egg Drop Project
- EASY Egg geode experiment for kids of all ages!
- Outrageously cool Bouncy Egg Experiment
- Egg Experiment – Silly Spring Activities for Kids
Fun Science Experiments
- 30 Simple Machines for Kids Experiments
- Launch this experiment and record your findings with this Coke and mentos experiment worksheet
- Lots of FUN Solar System Project Ideas for kids
- Printable Solar System Worksheets (free) or planet worksheets for kindergarten
- Grab these free printable solar system coloring pages
- Life-size Human Body Project with free printable body parts
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments – arranged by type of science
- Free Printable Human Body for Kids Playdough Mats
- Leak proof bag fun science experiments
- Older students can dive deeper with these free skeletal system worksheet pages
- Amazing Why do leaves change color experiment
- Learn about seasons with this cool free 4 seasons printables
- Animals and their Babies matching puzzles
- Take a closer look at animals with this free printable animal report for for kids
Science Exeriments for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- Weather Unit for prek-3rd graders filled with experiments, activities and weather worksheets
- Make it rain and write your observations in these cloud in a jar experiment worksheet
- Learn about our moon with these activities and moon worksheets for 1st grade
- Free Water Cycle Worksheets for kids
- Discover a world of geology with these rock worksheets for kids
- Free printable states of matter activity with clip cards
- Discover what lies below the surface with these free Layers of Earth Worksheets
- Make playdough earth layers with this super cool geology experiment for kids
- LOTS of year-round Science Experiments for Kids
- Kids will love this outrageously fun pipe clean constellations activity
- This look inside a volcano experiment for kids takes learning to a whole new level
- Chromatography Butterflies project for kids
- Learn about the kingdom Animalia with over 20 Zoo Scavenger Hunt free printables
- Harness the power of fruit with this simple Lemon Clock for kids
- Easy Bernoulli’s principle experiment at home
- Amaze kids with this simple burning candle experiment with free worksheets
Easy Science Experiments
- Gross and so cool Digestive System Project for kids of all ages
- Amazing Rainbow in a Jar Experiment for Kids
- Epic Baking Soda and Vinegar Rocket Experiment
- Cool Milk and Vinegar Expeirment making plastic!
- Learn about your amazing brain with this activity and brain worksheets
- How do hands work project for kids
- Super cool and easy-to-make, working lego balloon car
- Plants for kids lesson
- Explore magnets with these EPIC magnet experiments for kids
- Popsicle Stick Catapult for kids – simple STEM project
- Simple light bulb experiment (it actually lights up!)
- Easy-to-make balloon hoovercraft
- Bouncy Eggs and eggs in vinegar experiment worksheet
- Learn about density for kids with these simple balloon solid, liquid, gas hands-on activities
- Create your own super simple bot
- Beautiful, color changing capillary action experiment with flowers
- WOW your kids with how to make a Newton’s cradle project
- Heat-sensitive, Color Changing Slime is SO COOL!