Preschoolers will love learning about the alphabet letter E with this super cute and fun e is for elephant lesson. This e for elephant is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children who are learning their letters using letter e craft, cute Elmer book-based elephant craft, and a feed the elephant game too! Don’t miss the free letter e printables at the bottom of the post!
E is for elephant
This week we learned about the letter E is for Elephant in our letter of the week curriculum. This elephant theme works great with toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners too! We did fun e is for elephant worksheets, simple e is for elephant craft, HUGE cardboard elephant, and a fun feed the elephant activity to practice letters, colors, counting, logic, and more!
E is for Elephant Worksheets
We used the free printables from Confessions of a Homeschooler for the worksheets part.
E is for elephant craft
We also made a letter E Alphabet craft. We are making one of these for every letter in the alphabet this year out of foam sheets. It is such a fun way to interact with letters in a playful, memorable way. then we put the letters on our Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Tree =-)
We talked about where Elephants live – in Africa & Asia and found it on our map. Then we read some nonfiction books to learn about elephants. We also read some wonderful fiction stories about elephants:
Minnie had fun looking through these cute Elephant action cards we found here. She also liked to use them to tell me stories – great narrative story telling practice!!
We made an elephant from a box we had laying around in preparation for our feed the elephant game.
The kids learned that black & white make gray! We cut off one side of the box and made two ears out of it. Then we taped the top shut. Next we painted the 3 sides of the box and two ears gray. Finally, after it dried about 3 hours, we made a 3” x 1.5” hole for the mouth and attached construction paper eyes & rolled up trunk.
Feed the Elephant game
Feed the Elephant is a great introduction to spelling games for preschoolers. For this game we made an elephant (see above for directions). I printed out the peanuts (see free Elephant Add-ON Pack below) on cardstock. Now we were ready to play!
We played several different way: feed the correct upper/lower case E, feed the correct alphabet letter, feed the correct number, and more. Big brother also got to join in on the fun with the addition peanuts. I also included blank peanuts that I laminated and wrote Goofy’s (1st grade) sight words & spelling words on. It was great learning fun!
Animal Printables for Kids
We have lots of fun, hands on activities to teach kids about animals! Whether you are completing a zoology lesson , supplementing your homeschool science lesson, or just learning about your child’s favorite animals, we’ve got some fantastic resources filled with cute clipart and engaging activities:
- Animal Report Template
- Free Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt (includes simple picture clues for Pre k and more complex animal classification, biomes, endangered threat, etc for older elementary age students
- Animal Classification Worksheets to cut & paste
- Free Animals that Hibernate Worksheets
- Ocean Animals for Kids – over 240 pages organized into 7 lessons to study aquatic animals using easy-to-understand text, hands-on science experiments, fun worksheets, and more with K-8th grade students.
- Animal Homes Clip Cards for kids
- Life Cycles for Kids – a growing collection with over 20 different animals to explore from penguins to sunflowers, salmon, butterfly, and more!
- Animal Habitat Worksheets – Do a Dot Printable
- Biomes Coloring Pages
- Jungle Writing Prompts Worksheets for kids
- Animal Life Cycle Printables
- Vertebrate and Invertebrate Worksheets
- Finish the Pictures ~ Animals
- Jello Animal Cells Project
- Silly Puzzles Animal Habitat Activity
- Animal Habitats Activity with Animal Cookies
- Nocturnal Animals Printables
- Forest Animals Themed Worksheets
- Arctic Animals Themed Worksheets
- Desert Animals Themed Worksheets
- Pond Worksheets for Kids
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- Make learning fun with these free cut and paste worksheets
- Plus don’t miss this outrageously fun Human Body Project
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Teach kids to tell time with this huge pack of printable time puzzles
Plus don’t miss these popular posts from our sister sites:
- Shaped Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Lots of cute, themed Free Kindergarten Worksheets
- Bingo Dauber Printables
- Printable Lowercase letter alphabet crafts
- Printable Uppercase alphabet Letter Crafts
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Letter Recognition Worksheets with do a do markers
- Lots of free ABC Printables for preschoolers
- Free Playdough Mats to work on shapes, numbers, colors, alphabet letters, and more!
- Uppercase Letter Tracing with animal alphabet mats
- Free Color Worksheets
- Simple, free alphabet worksheets
E is for Elephant Printables
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!