Any other parent out there wondering "Are my kids really reading the book?"
Do your kids know what they just read?
How do we help our kids improve reading comprehension, retention, work on taking notes, learn to retain key facts, learn new vocabulary (instead of just breezing past it), or gather information for a report without plagiarizing? ANSWER - Reading Comprehension Bookmarks!
On plain or colored paper, print the size black and white reading comprehension bookmark you'd like front and back.
There are four choices of these free printable Reading Comprehension Bookmarks:
- LARGE - these are 1/2 page sheets with bigger space for writing; perfect for Kindergarten, first grade, and second grade kids
- MEDIUM - these are 1/4 page sheets and fit most books. The spaces are large enough for most 2nd-8th grade students
- FICTION - These are designed for stories where there are main characters and a setting.
- NON-FICTION - These are designed for kids to write down things they learn in subject books, including lines to note the bibliography to help with formulating into a report if desired
These bookmarks are handy as well as an easy way for kids to take notes as they read. What a great skill for kids to learn!!
Skills Kids will Learn:
- Improve reading comprehension
- Improve retention
- Teach kids to take notes
- Kids will learn which things are key facts to retain
- Spot for writing down unknown words to look up later so kids will learn new vocabulary (instead of just breezing past it)
- Fantastic for teaching kids to gather information for a report without plagiarizing
- Helps teachers and parents ensure kids are actually reading the book
- Convenient bookmark instead of dog eared pages!
- Handwriting practice
- Spot to write down something kids want to learn more about to keep kids engaged and excited about learning!
- Making Sense of Reading Levels
- Creating a Reading Nook
- Kindergarten Read by Themselves (arranged by book level)
- 1st Graders to Read Themselves (by book level)
- Top 25 Chapter Book Series for 1st-3rd Grade
- 2nd Grade Reading List
- 3rd Grade Reading List
- 4th Grade Book List
- 5th Grade Reading List
- Historical Fiction for Kids (arranged chronologically)
Download Reading Comprehension Bookmarks
- By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers must purchase a licensed version at TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!