Kids will love this fun to make grass craft that is a blast to watch grow and such a silly crafts for kids! This grass head is the perfect summer or spring crafts for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade students. Children will love giving their plant crafts a haircut and watching not only the hair, but facial hair grow! This grass head craft is such an outrageously FUN grass craft ideas for kids of all ages!
As spring and summer start to appear, kids are ready to be outside. They are tired fo cold rainy days inside and excited to get outside and enjoy this beautiful weather. As kids get outside they have their standy activities like swinging, going down the slide, sandboxes, slip n slide, drawing in chalk on their driveway, blowing bubbles, hoola hoop, playing catch, making flower crowns from dandelions, But kids enjoy having new experiences, trying something different for a change. This cute Grass Craft is a fun summer craft for kids is one of the easiest ones you can try – and it appeals to both boys and girls because it isn’t a traditional craft that uses paint, glitter, or other messy things. This grass head craft is a living plant craft that will change day by day. It is fun to make and even more fun to watch grow and change all season long. This grass craft ideas is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students!
Grass craft for preschoolers
- panty hose (any color / size – check if mom has an old stretched out pair or try to find cheap ones at a garage sale, womens clearance department, or the dollar store)
- pipe cleaners (your choice of colors – yellow, white, purple, green, pink, red, blue, green, etc.)
- google eyes (large googly eyes look the best in my opinion)
- hot glue gun (only costs $5 and I use mine all the time)
- sand (any type of sand to fill the panyhose)
- quick growing grass seed (whatever you have on hand)
Grass activities for toddlers
Cut off the leg of a pair of panty hose or stockings. Tie a knot in the end which will be the nose.
Grass craft ideas
Fill the stocking with sand to make it as big or small as you’d like your people craft to be.It helps to have one person hold the hosiery open while another person carefully pours the sand in so that you don’t make a mess.
Lay your sand filled stocking so that the sand is laying horizontally on your surface and you can sneak in grass seed at the “top” of what will be your grass head’s head. Our grass seed we had on hand was blue which made it really easy to see where it had ended up.
From toddlers, preschoolers, pre k, kindergartners, 1st graders, 2nd graders to elementary age kids and junior high children – this summer project is fun for kids of all ages!
Tie the other end of the stocking in a knot and trim off any extra material.
See how all the grass is at the top of the grass head.
Then use your hot glue gun (carefully – with adult supervision so you don’t hurt yourself) add your facial features using googley eyes and pipe cleaners to create your grass heads craft. We used pipe cleaners to makes smiles, glasses, bow ties, etc. Kids will ahve fun using their creativing to design their own outdoor puppet.
Thoroughly drench your silly crafts for kids with water. (If it is raining out – just stick it outside!) Now place your outdoor craft project in a sunny place outside like a patio table, club house, or indoors on a sunny window sill.
Don’t forget to water your grass heads 1-2x daily. If it is outside just water generously. If it is inside you can either dunk it in water or spritz with a water sprayer. The grass should emerge within a week.
After 5 days we had these silly grass head crafts that my kids were just crazy about! Don’t forget to keep watering your grass head every day or two to keep the grass seed growing all summer long. The longer you let it go the longer the hair will get and you can even style the grass head, give your grass figure a hair cut or trim with scissors, etc.
HINT: We put grass down the face of the middle one so it would grow hair all over. You could try to get it to grow as just a mustache if you like. The possibilities are endless!
Learn about amazing plants for kids iwith this intersting and fun botany lesson for kids! From fascinating facts about plants for kids, plant worksheets, hands-on plant activities, creative plant experiments, and even tests with answer keys to test what your child has learned, you will love this fun printable science lesson for kids! Use this plant lesson with first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grade, 7th grade, and 8th graders too.
>>>> Get our plant lesson here <<<<<
Plant Activities for Kindergarten
- Potato Maze – Summer STEM Activity for Kids
- Water Pollution for Kids Science Expeirment
- Silly Grass Head Plant Crafts for Kids
- Simple Geranium Photosynthesis Experiment for Kids
- How to Regrow Celery in Water
- Food coloring flower experiment worksheet Science Experiment for kids
- Color Changing Flower Experiment learning about capillar action
- Simple Blooming Flowers Capillary Action Experiment
- Grow Crystals Flower Experiment
- Easy BEE Pollination Experimnt for kids using Jello
- Simple Acid Rain Pollution Experiment for Kids
- Seeds and Plants Unit filled with hands-on Plant Activities for Kindergarten
- Beautiful Chromatography for Kids Flower Project
- Free Printable Parts of a Plant Flipbook
- Life Cycle of a Sunflower Worksheet Pack
- LOTS of Gardening with Kids tips and information
- Plant Life Cycle Worksheets and Observation Book
- Cute, printable Name flower craft
- Flower Upper and Lowercase Letter Matching
- Seeds and Plants Activities for Kindergarten
- Easy Celery Experiment
- Life Cycle of a Plant Worksheet Pack
- Silly Egg Head Spring Activities for Kids
- Steps to Planting a Seed Worksheet
- Grass Craft for Kids
- Stunning Lacing Flower Craft
- Pasta in clay Flower Crafts
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Pretty Cherry Blossom Craft for SpringFun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- Tulip Flower Craft for Kids
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Purple Hollyhock Tissue Paper Flowers Craft
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Zinnia Fingerprint Flower Craft
- Hyacinth Flower Craft
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- White Dandelion Craft for Preschoolers
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Beautiful Painted Flower Craft Preschool
- Delphinium Egg Carton Flowers Craft for Kids
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Flower Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Worksheet
- FREE Printable Flower Scavenger Hunt
- Sunflower Printable ABC Puzzles
- Flower Beginning Sounds Activity
- Flower Kindergarten Sight Words Maze Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name Worksheet for Kindergarten
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Digraph Activity Build-a-Flower
- Planting Carrot cvc activities for kindergarten
- Flower Sight Word Maze Worksheets to practice reading fluency
- Seeds Free Addition Games – fun math activity for kindergarten age kids
- Letter Find Flower Worksheets
- Flower Worksheets for Preschoolers to practice a variety of skills
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- Lemon Volcano is a fun Summer Experiment for kids of all ages
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- Super Simple Sand Slime
- Simple Summer Science Sunscreen Experiment
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Scented, Watermelon Playdough Recipe for summer
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Mind-Blowing MAGNETIC Slime
- Leak Proof Bag – Amazing Science Experiment with Everyday Materials
- Mind-Blowing Magnetic Slime for Kids
- Easy Button Crafts for Kids
- Handprint Strawberry Craft for Summer
- Grow Your Own Crystals
- Water Balloon Experiment – exploring densit with an EPIC summer activity for kids
- Amazing Bubble Painting
- Sand Volcano Summer Science
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough
Summer Activities for Kids
- Egg Shell DIY Chia Pet Craft – Silly Spring / Summer Activities for Kids
- Grass Head Craft for Kids
- EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art for Kids
- Simple Flower Mason Jar Lid Crafts
- Free Beach Worksheets for Kids
- Chromatography Butterflies – EASY Butterfly Craft for Kids
- Silly Bandaid Art Craft for kids
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Outrageously FUN Bubble Painting
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- Kids will be amazed at the l-o-n-g colorful bubble snakes they can make with this easy activity
- Must try Lego Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Homemade Chalk Recipe
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- Find activities by month with our June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
- 20+ Printable Roadtrip Games
Fun Summer Activities for Kids
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Blood for Kids – Activity to learn about the Human Body
- Watermelon Playdough
- Strawberry No Cook Jello Playdough Recipe for Summer
- Whip up a batch of Kool Aid Playdough – it smells amazing!
- EASY, Vibrant Sidewalk Chalk Paint for Kids
- I Spy DIY Bottles are quick, easy and FUN!
- Amazing Tin Foil Art Project for Kids of all Ages
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket Science Experiment for Kids
- EPIC Mentos and Soda Experiment
- Summer Bucket List Printable with Ice Cream Theme
- How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Ice Cream Playdough Patterns
- Head to the zoo with this FREE Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for all ages!
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Try one of these fun Animal I Spy Printables
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Play with your food using this goldfish counting activity
- After seeing the frogs at the pond, grab this free life cycle of a frog worksheet
- Avoid the summer learning loss by practicing math with these crack the code worksheets
- First Day of Summer Craft
- Create this gorgeous stained glass art for kids
- 107 Epic Summer Activities for Kids