Put little hands to work learning patterns with this simple and colorful busy bag idea for kids. This Clothespins Patterns Activity is a wonderful way to sneak in fine motor and patterning skills. It’s perfect for preschoolers and kindergartners.
Clothespin Patterns Busy Bag Idea
- popsicle sticks
- colored clothespins
To make your own pattern sticks, create patterns on the popsicle sticks using colors from your collection of colored clothespins with markers. Create such patterns as ABAB, AABAAB, ABCABC, etc.
Leave a space at the end of the popsicle stick so that not only can the child follow the pattern, but he/she can also add one or two more clothespins at the end to complete the pattern.
And when your child is all done with the activity, just save it for another day!
Looking for more hands-on pattern printables and pattern activities for preschoolers? You will love these fun ideas:
- Ice Cream Pattern Printable – use playdough or pompoms to make patterns with scoops of ice cream!
- Gingerbread Light Patterns – a hands-on Christmas Math Activities with Playdough
- Clever, hands-on Pom Pom Pattern Strips Activity for Preschoolers
- Grab some clothespins and practice patterns with this fun pattern activities for preschoolers
- Easter Worksheets to practice patterns