The 4th of July is not complete with out the beautiful display of fireworks and the booming, crackling sound! This super cute and easy-to-make Firework Craft is a fun 4th of July craft for kids of all ages to make to celebrate Independence Day! All you need is construction paper, curling ribbon, and a pair of scissors and you are ready to make an easy craft for kids!
Kids are always amazed by fireworks! They are so big they seem enormous to children as they take over the dark night sky with their bold, brilliant colors, unpredictable pattern, trailing effects, and loud booming!
Fireworks are an American tradition for the Fourth of July, summer festivals, evenings at Disney World, and many, many other times. Help kids prepare for or remember the fireworks show with this really fun and easy to make firework craft for kids from toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students.
Fireworks for Kids
4th of July Crafts
Tie together the curling ribbon at the end on the backside of the black construction paper.
To keep the project nice and flat and secure, I suggest using tape to secure the knot to the back of the construction paper.
Show your child how to hold the curling ribbon (close to the construction paper) against the straight edge of scissors and sweep to the end to make the ribbon into a tight curl.
After you’ve curled the ribbon, you can double the spray effect by using scissors to cut in the middle of a ribbon and gently pull it apart to create two (thinner) firework curls.
Here is a very simple curling ribbon firework using 3 strips of ribbon where each ribbon was pulled into 2. Such a fun summer craft to make with kids of all ages!
4th of July Crafts
This 4th of July craft is great for kids of all ages! Here is my daughters colorful fireworks craft my 7 year old made.
This makes such a fun, colorful fireworks craft that has so many options for kids from kindergarten to middle school.
4th of July Activities
Looking for more fun and FREE fourth of July printables? You will love these:
- Kids will have practicing number recognition while revealing patriotic hidden images in these FREE 4th of July Color by Number Worksheets.
- The whole family will have fun playing this free printable 4th of July Bingo Game
- Over 100 Fourth of July Crafts for Kids
- Print off these FREE 4th of July Coloring Pages to help kids learn about common patriotic symbols.
- Fourth of July I Spy – super cute 4th of July Activity Sheets
- Patriotic Preschool Worksheets
- Try this EASY Red, White and Blue 4th of July Science Experiment!
- Learn more about the good old USA with these American Symbols Worksheets
- Have fun grilling with these 4th of July Playdough Mats
- Practice CVC Words with this fun, educational 4th of July Activity
- Try this easy 4th of July Fireworks Craft
More Summer Crafts for Kids
Looking for more fun, creative, and memorable crafts for kids to make this summer? Kids will love preserving beautiful summer flowers to make these Flower Suncatchers Craft. For an easy, personalized craft, try this sweet Handprint Strawberry Craft! Looking for another beautiful craft to decorate your windows? Why not this beautiful Watermelon Coffee Filter Suncatcher craft! Finally, if you are looking for something beautiful and simple, try this Easy Button Craft for kids to wear as a bracelet, crown, or necklace!
Make sure you get organized so you have the BEST SUMMER EVER with this Ice Cream Summer Bucket List! If you are looking for even more summer activities to add to your list, try these 30 Fun June Activities for Kids!