I love season activities.
And toddler, preschool, and kindergarten age kids especially love these fun themed learning activities.
Here is a fun, hands on, playful way for kids to practice discerning the letter A.
Letter A Sorting Activity for Preschoolers
Here is what you need:
- 2 cardboard rolls from toilet paper roll
- 2 tree shaped green construction paper cutouts
- 2 brown construction papers that are about 1” taller than the toilet paper rolls
- Circle Stickers (we used red and yellow) with upper case A and lower case a letters
Roll each of your toilet paper rolls in your brown construction paper and tape in place.
Using your scissors make a slit on opposite sides of the top of the toilet paper roll. Slide your green leafy part into the tree trunk.
Write a capital letter A on one trunk and a lowercase letter a on the other tree trunk. You are all set-up and ready to go.
Hint: We love using these trays for both art projects and to keep activities all neatly in one place.
You preschooler takes off the letter Aa “apple” stickers and puts them on the correct apple tree. The activity was a huge hit in our house!
- A to Z Letter Find
- Alphabet Dot to Dot
- Alphabet Hats (A to Z)
- Alphabet Playdough PLAYmats
- Alphabet Book, Cut & Paste
- Duplo Alphabet Mats
- Phonics Coloring Sheets
- Alphabet Practice Worksheets (A to Z)
- Alphabet Wallcards & Flashcards
- Bingo Marker Letter Find