Children love learning about space with these free printable Solar System Worksheets! These planets worksheet help children learn about the solar system, the planets, asteroids and more. These solar system printables are perfect for teaching kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th graders about space for kids. SImply print solar system worksheets pdf and you are ready to play and learn about astronomy for kids.
Solar System Worksheets
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these solar system worksheet pages for helping students work on science skills, learning about the world that we live in. This free solar system printables are perfect for kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4 and grade 5 students. Use these in science centers, for extra practice, at school or at home, or as part of a planet or solar system study. With this pack, children will learn about the eight planets in our solar system and much more.
Solar system printables
At the bottom of the post you will find the pdf file. Once you grab this, and print off all the pages. Each letter sized page consists of activities revolving around the solar system, with a fun flip book on the last few pages. Answers are provided and this pack only comes in black and white which saves on printing costs.
These simple, solar system worksheets come with little distraction which helps little ones to concentrate on their learning. This enables the parent or teacher to easily teach about space, the solar system and more.
Free solar system printables
There are lots of activities in this pack:
- Write the names of the planets
- Cut and paste the names of the planets
- Unscramble the names of the planets
- Answer the questions about the planets
- Cut and paste in the correct columns – rocky planets and gas planets
- Answer questions about the asteroid belt
- What is an asteroid? What is a meteoroid?
- Describe three different galaxies
- Describe the different between revolution and rotation
- Solar System Word Search
- Solar System Flip Book
Solar System Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun, hands on science activities to teach kids about astronomy or to round out your solar system for kids unit. You will love these hands on solar system activities and lessons:
- The Sun Activities for Kindergarten – learn about the sun and how the planets orbit around it including a fun planets game for kids!
- Moon Activities for Kids & Astronauts Too – make oreo moon phases, DIY telescope, learn about the astronauts who landed on the moon, and more!
- Inner Planets for Kids (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars) – Use our free planet worksheets and fun hands-on activities like Mercury craters, Venus’ melting rocks, layers of the earth, and Erupting Mars Volcano
- Outer Planets for Kids (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune) – combination of hands-on solar system projects and solar system printables; gaseous Jupiter, Saturn Rocket, plus cloudy Uranus and Neptune.
- Pluto, Asteroid Belt, Comets, and Stars for Kids – make a FUN constellation projector, cold Pluto ice cream project, and grape constellation project
- Yarn Solar System Project – fun, unique, and easy solar system model that is cheap and so pretty!
- Paint Stick Solar System Project – easy-to-make solar system model for kids that doubles as an activity for learning the names and order of the planets
- Pipe Cleaner Constellations – fun hands on pipe cleaner constellations activity for kids
- Simple Galaxy Science Experiments
- Looking for more fun, engaging, creative, and memorable moon projects for kids? You will love this 50 Moon Activities for Kids & Crafts collection with the best ideas from the whole internet!
- TONS of really cool Solar System Project Ideas for kids of all ages
Free Solar System Printables
Plus, don’t forget to add these free solar system worksheets and printables to your lesson plan:
- HUGE pack of FREE Solar System Worksheets for elementary age kids
- Planet worksheets for kindergarten with solar system themed math and literacy activities for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students
- Simple Astronaut Coloring Pages
- Free Constellation Activity Sheets
- Space Worksheets Preschool
- Solar System Research Flip Book, Space Activity Pack, Space Cards
- Solar System Coloring Pages to read, learn, and color the solar system
- Printable Free Constellations Printable pdf for children to learn about stars and the patterns they make in the night sky
- Cootie Catcher Constellation Activities for Kids
- Free Constellation Cards
- Moon Phases Kindergarten Worksheets – HUGE pack!
- Planets Solar System for Kids pdf Book for students to learn about all the planets in our solar system
- Moon Phases Printable Mini Book for kids to learn about the phases of the moon
Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- Quick and EASY Lemon Volcano – a fun twist on classic volcano science project using acidity of lemon instead of vinegar as the acid
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- EASY Magnetic Field Sensory Bottle that will WOW your kids!
- Leak Proof Bag – Amazing Science Experiment with Everyday Materials
- Exploring with Magnet Experiments for Kids
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density
- Amazing, heat-sensitive color changing slime
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project
- Amazing POP rocks science experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines science projects kids will want to try
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment
- Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- 19 Edible science experiments – which delicious project will you try first?
- HUGE Free Solar System Unit (coloring pages, hands on science projects, worksheets, and more!)
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity (As seen on Good Housekeeping!)
- Teach kids about conductivity with this fun squishy circuits projects
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Life Cycles for Kids (from penguin to sunflower and spider to turkey we have LOTS of life cycles to explore and learn about)
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- Human Body Project
- Check out this super cool look INSIDE a Volcano Project
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Memorable Life Size Skeletal system science project – includes free printable template
- Mind-Blowing Magnetic Slime for Kids
- 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, BLAST OFF! Rocket Baking Soda and Vinegar Experiment
- Find LOTS more Easy Science Experiments for kids of all ages!
Solar system worksheets pdf
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
I found the solar system worksheets very useful, thank-you.