Kids have so much fun counting with these cookie tray counting mats!
Christmas Preschool Printables
- Christmas Playdoh Mats
- Christmas Tracing Sheets
- Christmas Shapes Cut & Paste
- Christmas Dot to Dot Printables
- Christmas Color by Number
- Gingerbread Pirates Worksheets
- Polar Express Worksheets
- Christmas Mazes
Preschool Math Activities
There is a cookie tray counting mat for numbers one to twelve. They are great for small group math work or a math center at Christmas time.
I printed and laminated the cookie tray counting mats. Then I grabbed some play dough and a variety of cookie cutters. I used Christmas themed mini cookie cutters such as trees, bells, gingerbread people, hearts and stars.
My students chose one cookie tray counting mat each. Then they read the number on the mat and made that number of cookies to place on the tray. Some of my students were so excited about the cookies they made, they decided to bake them in our pretend oven!
A great way to extend this activity is to ask questions such as "If I eat one of your cookies, how many do you have left?" or "Who has the most cookies?". Kids can also practice sharing their cookies with a friend so each friend has a fair share of cookies.
Download Cookie Tray Counting MatsBefore you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Rosemary is an Australian Early Childhood Teacher and founder of Fairy Poppins Teaching Resources. She has a passion for play-based learning and creating printables for teachers and students that make learning fun. You can find her on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter.