This beautiful spring flower craft for kids is so fun and easy to make. Your kids will want to make a whole bouquet of these pretty, unique flowers!
How to Make Spin ArtHave you made spin art yet? It’s really easy & FUN to do.
Put a piece of construction paper or a coffee filter like we did in the basket inside a salad spinner.
Add some paint.
Here are a couple Spin Art Tips:
- Lots of small blobs in the middle or drizzling it across the paper works best.
- Don’t put too much paint or you’ll just end up with a big ball of paper and lots of wasted paint at the bottom.
- You don’t want to spin too long or too fast or the colors completely blend. You want to do it 5-9 times slowly to create a beautiful mix of colors.
- Don’t use your good salad spinner! Use one you find at a garage sale, your pitching, or you find at a dollar store.
Let your paper dry.
Spring Flower Craft for KidsTo make your spring flower craft you will need a completely dried spin art made on a coffee filter and a large straw. [You can use any straw if you use a small rubberband to hold the flower closed & on the straw]
Pinch the middle on the underside of your spin art.
Now keep twisting the bottom and ruffling in the tissue paper together so it looks like a carnation.
Here is a view from the side so you can see what the bottom looks like.
Push the twisted bottom into a large straw. Repeat with additional spin art. [alternately you can use a small rubber band to to secure the twisted part and loop around the top of the straw.]
The flowers make a lovely decoration for your table or a child’s room. Best part, your child made them and you don’t have to water them!
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Spring Flower Hand Art Craft for Kids
- Bead Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for Preschoolers
- Bead Flower Craft for Kids
- Painting Spring Flowers with Celery
- Make Art Using Rain
- Giant BUBBLE Solution for Kids
- Spring Bird Nest Snack for Kids
- Simple 3D Paper Flower Craft Kids LOVE
- Beautiful Spring Ink Pad Crafts for Kids