Our family has loved studying various famous artists over the last couple years. I want my kids to be well rounded cultured kids when they leave our nest! Plus I think that art can be such a wonderful way for kids to express themselves. I love the message that studying so many different styles of art gives to kids – it’s okay to be an individual, unique, just the way God made you!
Teaching Children about Famous ArtistsFor our famous artists studies we:
1) Read about the artist using Getting to Know World’s Famous Artists by Mike Venezia. I’ve pictured it below along with some other good series we use
3) Fieldtrip! When possible, I love to take the kids to see one of the artist’s actually works of art at a local art museum.
Famous Artist Report Form
I created these worksheets for kids for my kids to record what they learn about each artist . The kids put each page in a 3 ring binder so they can look back and remember not only about the artists, but all the fun we've had homeschooling together.
The front page [as you can see in the sample above] includes information about the artist. You can attach a postcard or print of one of the artists famous paintings.
Page 2 (Back Side)
The back side is more about your child’s impression of the artists and style. There is space for a picture of your child and their copycat masterpiece as well.
There are three different line styles to accommodate a wide range of kids from Kindergarten – 8th grade. I love practicing writing with a purpose!
Download FREE Printable Artists Report Form
- By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!