Looking for clever ideas for teaching Presidents Day for Kids? You are going to love our clever crafts, free worksheets, and more! Plus don’t miss our other fun, creative, and hands-on History for Kids units!
Presidents Day Ideas for Kids
Presidents Day is always the third Monday of February. On President’s Day we honor George Washington (it’s his birth month), Abraham Lincoln, and all those who have served our coutry in the roll of President of the United States of America. No matter what you think of a particular president there is no denying the huge weight and responsibility that comes with that job, the secrets and security they have for life, and the fact that you can never make everyone happy.
Presidents Mini-Unit for Kids
Simple Presidents Coloring Pages
American President Coloring Book
Patriotic Prek Pack
Patriotic Subtraction Mats
Presidents Day Spelling Practice
Presidents Day Crafts
- Abraham Lincoln Craft – not just fun to make and take pictures with, this would be great to use as kids recite famous quotes from Abraham Lincoln from the Presidents Day Mini Unit.
- Tricorn Hat Craft – fun for remembering the colonial times when George Washington was our first President
- Printable Honest Abe Craft – Make this cute craft early and use it to decorate your school room for the month of February!
- George Washington Plate Craft – such a fun way for remembering our first president on his birthday!
- Red, White & Blue Science Project – sneak some science with this fun and patriotic science experiment perfect for Presidents Day.
- Painters Tape American Flag – This simple flag craft is a easy way to add some patriotism to Presidents Day
- Serve up some patriotic pancakes for breakfast to kick start your day
- In Washington D.C. (our nation’s capital), fireworks light up the sky on Presidents Day to celebrate. Make your own Ribbon Fireworks Craft for a truly beautiful and unique art project.