Looking for clever ideas for teaching Presidents Day for Kids? You are going to love our clever presidents day crafts, presidents day activities, free presidents day worksheets, and so much more! So add these fun ideas for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students to your presidents day lesson plan.
Presidents Day for Kids
President’s Day is always the third Monday of February. On President Day we honor George Washington (it’s his birth month), Abraham Lincoln, and all those who have served our coutry in the roll of President of the United States of America. No matter what you think of a particular president there is no denying the huge weight and responsibility that comes with that job, the secrets and security they have for life, and the fact that you can never make everyone happy. These fun ideas for celebrating presidents day for kids are perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartner, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students. We have kids activities for Presidents Day plus Presidents Day crafts and presidents day printables to make learning about USA Presidents fun and engaging!
Plus don’t miss our other fun, creative, and hands-on History Lessons for Kids units!
Presidents Day Worksheets
Presidents Day Coloring Pages
- Younger kids will enjoy these simple Presidents Day Coloring Pages with simple traceable text to give them just little snippets of information about what President’s Day is all about.
- Elementary age students will enjoy these President Coloring Pages of each American President!
Presidents Day Pritnables
Learn about the patriotic symbols with these hands-on American Symbols Worksheets
Learn how Americans elect a new president with this free printable Voting for Kids book to color, read and learn. Plus dive deeper into each of our leaders with these Free Presidents Worksheets – Learn about all the American presidents
Presidents Day Crafts
- Abraham Lincoln Crafts – not just fun to make and take pictures with, this would be great to use as kids recite famous quotes from Abraham Lincoln from the Presidents Day Mini Unit.
- Presidents Day Hat– fun for remembering the colonial times when George Washington was our first President
- Abraham Lincoln Craft – Make this cute craft early and use it to decorate your school room for the month of February!
- George Washington Craft– such a fun way for remembering our first president on his birthday!
- Red White and Blue Science Experiments – sneak some science with this fun and patriotic science experiment perfect for Presidents Day.
- Easy American Flag Craft for Kids – This simple flag craft is a easy way to add some patriotism to Presidents Day
- Serve up some patriotic pancakes for breakfast to kick start your day
- In Washington D.C. (our nation’s capital), fireworks light up the sky on Presidents Day to celebrate. Make your own Fireworks Craft for a truly beautiful and unique art project.
And if you are still looking for more, don’t miss our 20 FUN Presidents Day Crafts & Activities!
Sneak in some fun practice learnig about the 50 states with these free printables:
- 50 States Worksheets
- Super CUTE, Free State Coloring Pages
- United States for Kids – we have worksheets, games, state coloring pages and more to make learning about the USA fun!
- USA For Kids Printable Book
History Lessons for Kids
- Digging into World History Curriculum for the whole family to learn together!
- Dive into Mesopotamia History to learn about Gilgamesh
- Learn about Ancient Egypt Activities, crafts, lessons, worksheets, ancient egypt free printables, and more!
- Ancient Civlizations of MesoAmerica: Who Were the Ancient Maya People Readers, Inca Facts Reader, and Aztecs for Kids Reader
- 4 week lesson about Early Explorers for Kids
- Learn about castles, knights, and more in this exciting Middle Ages for Kids
- Make a teepee, dig for arrowheads, color our printable books and more in this Native Americans for Kids lessons
- The Colonial America for Kids lesson takes kids on a journey back to the first permanent settlement in America – Jamestown. Students will learn about colonial life with lots of hands on projects like eating Gruel, making a Wattle & Daub house, and creating a tin lantern will make the settlement come alive.
- We will make westward expansion for kids come alive for kids as they learn facts about the time period from about 1783-1898. In addition to learning about the Oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, students will also learn to match animal trails, map the united states, and learn about North American animals too.
- Civil War for Kids – students will learn about slavery, famous Americans from the Civil War, famous battles, and how our nation stayed together. Lesson includes printable worksheets, mapping activities, printable civil war board game and more!
- Famous Explorers for Kids Reader – discovering America
- Jamestown Color & Read Jamestown worksheeds pdf
- Revolutionary War Reader – american revolutionary easy reading
- Read, Color & Learn War of 1812 worksheet pdf
- Westward Expansion Reader westward expansion worksheet pdf
- Pennant History Posters to see US History At-a-Glance
- Titanic for Kids Reader to Color and Learn
- World War 1 Coloring Pages to color, read, and learn
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- 1930s for Kids – Printable Book about the Golden age of Hollywood, Great Depression for Kids and more to read, color, and learn
- Life in the 1940s America for Kids Reader
- WW2 Printables to read, color, and learn about World War 2
- Learn about the trading of goods that began in 1941 with this Columbian Exchange for Kids printable reader.
- Anne Frank Facts for Kids Printable Reader to read, color, and learn about this Jewish girl who lived behind the wall in Holland during World War 2
- 1950s for Kids Reader to Color, Learn and read about what life was like in America in 1950
- Rosa Parks Worksheets pdf – Free Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Martin Luther King Jr for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Life in the 1960s for Kids Printable book to read, color and learn about life in the 1960s
- Learn about platform shoes, disco, the beginning of Star Wars and more with this 1970s for kids Reader
- 1980s for Kids Printable American History Reader
- 1990s for Kids Printable Reader filled with information about fashion, technology, Presidents, and more!
- Learn about life for early 2000s Kids with these american history printables to read, color, and learn!
- Review what you’ve leanred with these American History Worksheets (Notebooking)
- Engaging Historical Fiction Books for Kids
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, grade 1 worksheets, second grade worksheets and more for K12. Plus see our history lesson plans, free math games, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!