Looking for clever ideas for teaching Presidents Day for Kids? You are going to love our clever presidents day crafts, presidents day activities, free presidents day worksheets, and so much more! So add these fun ideas for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students to your presidents day lesson plan.
Presidents Day for Kids
President’s Day is always the third Monday of February. On President Day we honor George Washington (it’s his birth month), Abraham Lincoln, and all those who have served our coutry in the roll of President of the United States of America. No matter what you think of a particular president there is no denying the huge weight and responsibility that comes with that job, the secrets and security they have for life, and the fact that you can never make everyone happy. These fun ideas for celebrating presidents day for kids are perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartner, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students. We have kids activities for Presidents Day plus Presidents Day crafts and presidents day printables to make learning about USA Presidents fun and engaging!
Plus don’t miss our other fun, creative, and hands-on History Lessons for Kids units!
Presidents Day Worksheets
Presidents Day Coloring Pages
- Younger kids will enjoy these simple Presidents Day Coloring Pages with simple traceable text to give them just little snippets of information about what President’s Day is all about.
- Elementary age students will enjoy these President Coloring Pages of each American President!
Presidents Day Pritnables
Learn about the patriotic symbols with these hands-on American Symbols Worksheets
Learn how Americans elect a new president with this free printable Voting for Kids book to color, read and learn. Plus dive deeper into each of our leaders with these Free Presidents Worksheets – Learn about all the American presidents
Presidents Day Crafts
- Abraham Lincoln Crafts – not just fun to make and take pictures with, this would be great to use as kids recite famous quotes from Abraham Lincoln from the Presidents Day Mini Unit.
- Presidents Day Hat– fun for remembering the colonial times when George Washington was our first President
- Abraham Lincoln Craft – Make this cute craft early and use it to decorate your school room for the month of February!
- George Washington Craft– such a fun way for remembering our first president on his birthday!
- Red White and Blue Science Experiments – sneak some science with this fun and patriotic science experiment perfect for Presidents Day.
- Easy American Flag Craft for Kids – This simple flag craft is a easy way to add some patriotism to Presidents Day
- Serve up some patriotic pancakes for breakfast to kick start your day
- In Washington D.C. (our nation’s capital), fireworks light up the sky on Presidents Day to celebrate. Make your own Fireworks Craft for a truly beautiful and unique art project.
And if you are still looking for more, don’t miss our 20 FUN Presidents Day Crafts & Activities!
Sneak in some fun practice learnig about the 50 states with these free printables:
- 50 States Worksheets
- Super CUTE, Free State Coloring Pages
- United States for Kids – we have worksheets, games, state coloring pages and more to make learning about the USA fun!
- USA For Kids Printable Book
History Lessons for Kids
Our fun, hands-on and engaging homeschool history include not only clever activities to make history fun and memorable, but FREE printable worksheets and games too!
- Mesopotamia History – learn about he cradle of civilization while making costumes, recipes, maps, their own wheeled transport replica, play the royal game of Ur, make raised reliefs, practice cuniform in clay, and construct their own zigurats!
- Early Explorers contains activities and printables to relive the adventures of early explorers for kids as they become a viking with Leif Erickson, sale around the world with Magellan, head to China with Marco Polo, discover the New World with Columbus, and more! (plus Leif Erikson for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn)
- Middle Ages for Kids. Build your own Medieval Castle, learn about the science of a catapult, dye silk, make peasant bread, find out the important roles of knights, make a bow and arrow, learn the origin of pretzels, making illuminated manuscripts, make artwork with egg paint and weaving simple tapestries .
- Native Americans for Kids – explore various tribes as you create free printable book, make PVC tent, totem poles, Indian fry bread, husk dolls, recreate an archeological dig with arrow heads, and more!
- Colonial America for Kids takes kids on a journey back to the first settlers in America – eat Gruel, makea Wattle & Daub house, create a tin lantern, write with a quill, make simple Johnny Cakes, make you own marbles, create traditional silhouette art projects, and more.
- American Revolution for Kids. In 4 units your students will learn what events lead up to the American Revolutionand famous figures will making dragon pistols, roll their own cartridges, working spy cipher, cold feet activity.
- What was the Westward Expanion? Hisotyr comes alive as they learn about the oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, and more with printables and activities like making a covered wagon, homemade crackers, how to square dance, pan for gold, and make a railroad project.
- Civil War for Kids We have recommendations for mapping and visiting famous battle sights nearby, printable civil war board game, make an informative emergent reader, create a flip book or people students should know, and complete some free printable Civil War worksheets.
- Rosa Parks for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- 1950s for Kids Reader to Color, Learn and read about what life was like in America in 1950
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, grade 1 worksheets, second grade worksheets and more for K12. Plus see our history lesson plans, free math games, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!