Gingerbread PuzzlesThis free printable includes 20 rhyming puzzles with about 4 puzzles for each vowel.
Preparing Gingerbread Rhyming PuzzlesIt is recommended that you print these on cardstock and laminate. This will allow you to reuse this printable over and over again. Next you will cut out each individual puzzle and cut down the jagged line down the middle. Each puzzle will have two pieces.
Doing Gingerbread Rhyming PuzzlesStudents will first pick a puzzle piece that they want to start with. I always ask my students to point to the picture and say what it is.
Next, students will sort through all of the other puzzle pieces, looking for the gingerbread that has a rhyming picture. Once found, they will place the two pieces together and set aside.
Students will continue this until all puzzles have been completed.
If you have younger students (or struggling ones) who might be overwhelmed with all twenty puzzles, it would be best to give them only a handful of the puzzles at first. As they master those, you can add more in.
Want more gingerbread activities?
- Gingerbread Pirate Worksheets (PreK-2nd grade)
- Gingerbread Subtraction Mats
- Gingerbread Puffy Paint Recipe
- Initial Sounds Gingerbread Puzzles
- Gingerbread Slime Recipe
- My Yummy Gingerbread Book
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
Download Gingerbread Rhyming PuzzlesBefore you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Jennifer is a former kindergarten and first grade teacher turned stay (*work*) at home mom of three. She loves being able to continue her passion for making learning resources and sharing teaching ideas for the littlest of learners on her blog, A Dab of Glue Will Do. You can also find here on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram.