This measuring God’s love activities is a really fun, hands on Sunday school lessons about Jesus and Nicodemus. This Bible lesson for preschool, pre-k, kinderarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th graders talks about measuring God’s love using the text John 3:16. This is a wonderful lesson for the month of February and Valentines Day. We have a fun activity and Jesus and Nicodemus craft. Simply download pdf file with sunday school valentine crafts and follow the directions for the activities and you are ready for a memorable, fun lesson on God’s love for kids.
Measuring God’s Love Activities
This weeks Jesus and Nicodemus Lesson covered John 3:1-21 and measuring God’s love and we did lots of hands on measuring god’s love activities and crafts themed around Measuring God’s Love and John 3:16. This lesson is perfect for prsechoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 children especially in February around Valentines Day.
Sunday School Valentine crafts
Measuring God’s Love Activities
We started about by giving each of the kids a ruler, a pen, and this card (printable included below). On it were several things for them to measure. We explained that these were ways for the kids to measure distance, time, height etc. in preparation for our lesson today when we were going to measure God’s love for us.
We had several stations with stop watches to measure time, tape measures to measure height, measuring cups to measure rice, and more.
John 3:16 Craft
At the end the kids looked up Ephesians 3:18 which tells us: “…grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ”
When we came back together as a group, we talked about how we can measure things, but can’t measure God’s love; it is infinite! And it will NEVER run out!
Jesus and nicodemus craft
This is such a cute, simple nicodemus craft for kids! Just print the John 3:16 Valentine Heart below on cardstock. Then, the kids will use a hole punch to make holes around the heart. Next they will color in the hearts in the center that spell “valentine”. Finally, they will use about 2 feet of red yarn to sew the heart. around the outside.
The kids really enjoyed this craft and it was perfect to make right around Valentines Day. We encouraged the kids to think if there was someone they knew they could give the heart to, to share God’ love with others! This is such a unique take on a Nicodemus lesson without using a nicodemus activity sheets.
Jesus and Nicodemus Lesson
- Read the story from the Bible
- Cut out strips of paper and label each with a verse from the story and have kids help read the story
- Act out the story (for the kids or using the kids as props)
- tell the story with puppets
- show kids a video of the story cartoon version or live actors version
- Jesus & Nicodemus coloring page and simple printable story to read
Bible Printables for Kids
- Free printable books of the bible bookmarks templates
- Printable Bible Verses (verse cards for kids and families)
- Sermon Notes for Kids (works with any sermon)
- Creation BINGO Printable
- Printable Jelly Bean Gospel for Kids
- Creation Crafts for Kids
- Bible Verse Copywork
- Cain and Abel Craft
- Sin Entered the World Sin Craft for Kids
- Learn Books of the Bible with Hopscotch game
- Beatitudes Sunday school lesson
- Jesus Feeds the 5000 Craft
- Lost Sheep Craft
- Jesus Feeds 5000
- Healing Peter’s Mother-in-Law
- Lost Sheep Parable
- Parable of the Sower
- Wordless Book Lesson
- Jelly Bean Gospel
- Easter BINGO
- Memorizing Luke 2 for Families (printable)
- See all of our free Sunday School Lessons!
God is love activity sheet
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You are welcome to use this at home, at church, homeschool coops, etc.
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
Leave a Reply