Have you ever wondered how diapers work? If your elementary age students have younger siblings, cousins, or like to babysit this is something they may have wondered. This simple and fun diaper experiment is such an interesting experiment for families to learn how diapers work with a simple science experiment for kids. Try this hands-on diaper science experiment with preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd gade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students.
Polymer Science Experiment
Diaper science experiment
Diaper polymer experiment
The word polymer means a long chain of molecules. In this experiment the water molecules were combined with the polymer in the diaper lining. This is what makes diapers swell when full, and keeps the moisture off the babies bottoms.
How diapers work
Diaper science project
Diaper absorbency experiment
Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Easy Rubber Band Powered Car
- Paint Stick Solar System Project for Kids
- Fun-to-Make Lego Balloon Car Project
- Candy Corn Catapults STEM Project for Kids
- EPIC Exploding Snowman Science Experiment for Winter
- Melting Christmas Science Experiments
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density
- Water Displacement Candy Science Experiment
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project
- Amazing POP rocks science experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines science projects kids will want to try
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment
- Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- 19 Edible science experiments – which delicious project will you try first?
- HUGE Free Solar System Unit (coloring pages, hands on science projects, worksheets, and more!)
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity (As seen on Good Housekeeping!)
- Teach kids about conductivity with this fun squishy circuits projects
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Life Cycles for Kids (from penguin to sunflower and spider to turkey we have LOTS of life cycles to explore and learn about)
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- Human Body Project
- Check out this super cool look INSIDE a Volcano Project
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Memorable Life Size Skeletal system science project – includes free printable template
- Lego Squishy Circuits Electricity Science Experiments for Kids
- Find LOTS more Easy Science Experiments for kids of all ages!