Looking for a fun beginning blends activity to help students learn to read, write, and spell initial sounds? These free printable Beginning Blends Games are a great way to work on learning beginning blends while playing a fun game. Use these initial consonant blends printable game with kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders. Whether you use this as a supplement to your phonics activities, a learning center, or a stand-alone activity – this is sure to make learning to read fun!
Looking for fun ways to practice beginning blends with your little one? Check out these exciting phonics games that will help them master this important skill! Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this low-prep activity for helping students learn eight different beginning consonant blends – ch, sh, th, bl, gr, pl, pr and sk. One of the easiest ways to help kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students learn and remember is to have them learn while having fun. Children will learn beginning blends words through these eight beginning blends games.
Beginning Blends Games
- Print out the game boards and laminate for durability.
- Children will need two small markers and another small object such as a coin to play the game.
Beginning consonant blends
- These game boards comes in black and white only.
- Children can decorate the game boards before laminating if desired.
- Print out the game board and laminate for durability.
- Place the two small markers on the pond.
Beginning blends words
- Gently toss a small object onto the game board.
- After it lands on a picture, identify the beginning blend.
- Move the first marker onto the beginning blend.
- Toss and continue to move the markers up the lily pad rows.
- The first marker to the top garden wins.
Beginning blends activities
This fun and free printable game comes black and white only.
Initial Sounds Activity
We have lots of fun ways for kids to practice identifying the sounds letters make! Don’t miss all our free printable beginning sounds activities
- Free Beginning Sounds Animal Clip It Cards, Crack the Code Beginning Sounds Worksheet
- Build a Flower Beginning Sounds Activity and stamping Beginning Sounds Activity
- free printable beginning sounds worksheets and beginning blends games
- Beginning Sounds Mitten Match or Alphabet Spinners with Beginning Sounds
- CVC Words Beginning Sounds Clip Cards or Phonics Beginning Sounds Worksheets using Do a Dot Markers
- Christmas Tree Beginning Sounds Game and adorable penguin Beginning Sounds Match
- Phonics Buses Beginning Sounds Match or Clever Letter Sound Matching Game
- Fun Fish Phonics Activities Kindergarten andHands-on Beginning Sound Clip Cards
- Pumpkin Phonics Games for Kindergarten and Ice Cream Beginning Sounds Activity
- Cute Easter Phonics Puzzles or Printable Kite Phonics Craft
- Free Beginning Sounds Worksheets (write missing letter and cut and paste) and clip card Initial Sounds Activities
- Free Beginning Sounds Game with magnetic letters or Beginning Sounds Worksheets for K or Grade 1
- Printable Trigraph Reader – with trigraph word list pdf or Ending Blends Activities – lp, ld, lk, lf, lt Game
- Free Printable Long Vowel Games and Trace and Color by Blend Worksheet
- Short Vowel Worksheets and Transportation Word Family Sliders
- Long Vowel Worksheets or Crack The Code CVC Word Worksheets
- L Blends Worksheets or Beginning Sounds Games
- Free Printable Short a Books and Middle Sound CVC Words Activities
- Floss Rule Worksheet and Blends Clip Cards – blending cards free pdf
- Short o Worksheets or Long and Short Vowels Worksheets pdf
- Ending Blends Worksheets – lp, lk, ld, lt and Free final stable syllable worksheets
- SH, CH, TH Words Digraph Games or Hot Cocoa Beginning Sounds Winter Phonics Activity
- Free Printable Th Worksheets and 26 Free ABC book with pictures pdf free download
- Do-a-Dot Marker Beginning Sounds Worksheets pdf
- Don’t miss our 3000+ language arts worksheets or our 5000+ 1st grade worksheets
Beginning blends worksheets
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.