It can be difficult for kids to grasp contractions.
Here is a fun, free printable and hands on activity to help kids practice forming common contractions.
This is a great activity for 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade kids.
For this activity just print the free activity below. Print 13 copies of page number one, cut in half, and staple into a Prescription Pad.
Then cut out the strips of words and band aids (or use real band-aids)
Children will take a strip of two words and use their scissors to combine the “symptom words” and paste together using an apostrophe band aid to make a “contraction diagnosis”.
This is such a fun, hands on activity to help kids grasp how contractions are formed and gain familiarity with common contractions.
There are 26 contraction words for kids in 2nd-5th grade to practice.
More Language Arts Activates for Kids
- Building Sentences Cut & Paste Worksheets
- Connect 4 Spelling Practice
- Creative Writing Prompts (various)
- Dictionary Detectives
- Dinosaur Bones Punctuation Game
- Hershey Kiss Word Families
- Ice Cream Word Endings
- Marshmallow Incident’s Noun – Verb Sort
- Minion Contractions
- My Spelling Dictionary
- Parts of Speech BINGO
- Reading Logs
- S’more Sentence Game
- Solve it! Parts of Speech Game
- Sentence Pizza Parlor
Download Band Aid Contraction Game
- By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836 and Digi Web Studio
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!