Whether you use Singapore Math or are just working to improve your child’s understanding of how two numbers together make up a new bigger number – number bonds are a great way to teach addition and subtraction.
cool math games to practice addition and subtraction with your Kindergarten and 1st grader. Just print, laminate, and cut apart individual flower “stalks”. Using a dry erase marker have your child fill in the leaves to make the number bonds.
This activity can be used again and again to help your child achieve proficiency.
Use numbers up through 10 for Kindergarten (or farther if your child is ready) and 11-32 for your 1st grader.
Number Bond Example:For example on the 18 flower. What plus 9 will give you 18? Continue counting up from 9 – 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18. You counted 9 more numbers so you’d write a 9 on the opposite leaf. Now work on the pair of leaves with a 14 What plus 14 will give you 18.
Download FREE Flower Number Bonds Math Activity
- By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
- Homeschooling: This is How I teach Preschool – 2nd Grade
- FREE Homeschooling Forms to Help you get Organized
- Our Homeschool Workboxes
- Spelling Games
- A to Z Letter Find
- 20+ Really Fun Science Activities for Kids
- Free Monthly Family Meal Planner (with weekly printable grocery list)