FREE editable name tracing worksheets for Kindergarten and Preschool are a quick and easy name activities for kids. Just type up to 10 names on the table, then watch as our worksheets fill automatically! They’re so simple you can make a batch of worksheets in minutes. These are such a great way for learning to write their names! Our free name tracing worksheets for preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children are perfect for giving kids lots of name tracing practice. Simply print the name tracing worksheets template and you are ready to practice!
Free Name Tracing Worksheets
What is one of the first things your child needs to learn? How to to write their name. Our FREE editable worksheets are perfect for any child in kindergarten or preschool. They’re easy to use and can be easily customized for any child. Just type your children’s names in the table and watch the worksheets fill in like magic. You can create worksheets for 10 children at once, so this is prefect for teachers. You can quickly make a batch for your class. These tracing sheets are an engaging activity that will help children learn how to write their names correctly! It doesn’t matter if they’re just starting out or just need some extra practice. Plus, they are free! Download them today from our website and start using them immediately!
Name Tracing Worksheets
Name Tracing Practice
Before they can write, children need to develop fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Most kids develop this ability around the age of between the ages of 3-6 years. Pencil grasp is also one of the most important factors in developing good handwriting. Pencil grasp is the ability to hold the pencil between thumb, index, and middle finger. Proper pencil grasp takes time to master. Again all these skills come together between ages 3-6 years old. Strategy-wise, the most important thing you can do to help a child learn how to write is to focus on making it fun and providing lots of practice to get your students ready. If you are a teacher, your students will all be at different levels of development. Some children will need more practice to develop the fine motor skills needed to write. You can help by evaluating where each child is developmentally. Then providing opportunities for them to work on fine motor and hand eye coordination if needed.
Name Tracing Sheets
Is your child are struggling with tracing and writing? You need to go back to basics. Here are some fun activities that encourage the development of fine motor skills and hand eye coordination:
- Scissor practice
- Picking up small objects with tweezers.
- Cutting and pasting
- Building with construction toys.
- Using playdough
- Crafts that involve manipulating small objects like this pasta animal craft
Once your child is developmentally ready to write they can start form letters and put them together to make words. A good place for children to start is by tracing their name with a pencil on paper. A tracing worksheet that is personalized with their name will appeal to young learners. Kids love seeing their name in print and they will be tickled pink that you created something just for them to use. These worksheets will introduce your students to the skill of letter formation and teach them to write their names. Teaching Tip: Please understand that children develop on their own timeline. This has NOTHING to do with intelligence and is genetically determined. Some children just need a little extra practice to get ready. This is why homeschooling is so beneficial. You can give each child all the time they need.
Free Editable Name Tracing Sheets
There are thousands of popular first names. Some names even have different spellings such as Francis, or Frances. Making a separate worksheet from scratch would take ages. To save you time, we have created an editable name tracing freebie that allows for quick creation of worksheets. All you need to do is type the names into our editable chart and Adobe creates a personalized worksheet for each name. The font size also adjusts depending on the length of the name. Teachers you can create a complete set of customized worksheets for your class in minutes. Parents you can use this to make sheets for multiple children. You can also try printing the names in upper case. There is space to do the first name and then the family name. It is completely up to you. We included a well known storybook character on each sheet. Most children in this age group love The Very Hungry Caterpillar. The familiar character will be comforting and they will enjoy the association with their names. Our caterpillar is munching through a variety of foods. What fun! Children may enjoy coloring the pictures. The name tracing worksheets are free to download and print out.
Free Printable Name Tracing
- Grab the pdf file.
- The worksheet uses two specific fonts. If you don’t have them, you need to download and install them BEFORE opening the pdf file. Both are available for free.
- Click here to get KG Red Hands outline (Note you will get 2 fonts. You need to install the one marked outline.)
- Click here for KG primary dotted (Note you will get 4 dotted fonts. You need to install the one with no lines.)
- You will also need an adobe reader to open the file. This is also available for free. Click here to download.
- Open the file in Adobe Reader.
- You will see a table with 10 highlighted fields on the second page. We’ve populated them with names, but they can all be edited. Click on the first blue rectangle in the table and type in the child’s name. Hit enter on your keyboard.
- The first worksheet will automatically fill in with that name. It is like magic!
- Fill in the rest of the table and print the pages you need.
- Teachers can clear the table and repeat steps 7-9 with the next 10 student names.
Name Tracing Template
In conclusion, name tracing worksheets are a good way to help your child learn how to write their names. Our worksheets are perfect for busy teachers and parents. You might be thinking that it sounds too good to be true. But it’s not! It really is as simple as typing in 10 names on the table. Then letting our worksheets fill automatically. You can make a batch of these for your whole class in minutes if you want – or just a few pages for students that need extra practice. Why not download a set today?
- Printable Name Flower Craft
- Slime Preschool Name Ideas
- Ice Cream Name Craft for Summer
- 28 Cute Name Crafts for Preschoolers
- Camping Name Craft
- Playdough Imprint Name Recognition Activities
- Bug Name Recognition Activities
- Cute I Spy Name Ornament for Kids
- Shark Preschool Name Activity
- French Fry name crafts for preschoolers
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Name Recognition Activity
- Learn your name with straws Name Recognition Craft
- Name Recognition Pot of Gold Craft
- 30 Name Recognition Activities
- Space Name Craft for Preschoolers
- Ice Cream Preschool Name Activity
- Free Printable, EDITABLE Name Tracing Worksheets
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Printables
Plus don’t miss these very hungry caterpillar printables!
- Super cute, HUGE pack of FREE The Very Hungry Caterpillar Worksheets
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Days of the Week Printables
- Free The Very Hungry Caterpillar Printables Tracing Numbers Worksheets
- Learning about Money Hungry Caterpillar Game Printable
- 26 Super Cute The Very Hungry Caterpillar Crafts and Activities
- THe Very Hungry Caterpillar Flashcards – NUMBERS
- Hundreds Chart Coloring The Very Hungry Caterpillar Worksheets
- Caterpillar CVC Words Activities
- Plus, don’t miss our Hungry Caterpillar Birthday Party
Free printable kindergarten worksheets
With so worksheet for kindergarten to look through, I want to make sure you find some of our most popular printable kindergarten worksheets. So start scrolling and enjoy!
- Alphabet Worksheets – students will work on tracing letters from A to Z with these free printable, black and white printables.
- Writing Number Worksheets – children will practice tracing and writing numbers 1-20 with these blackline pages.
- Word Family Sliders
- Start out your day with this kindergarten calendar activity
- Make practicing math FUN with these free printable Math Crafts
- Work on discrimination with these Letter Recognition Worksheets
- Practice number recogition, letter recognition, and reading sight words with these Color by Code Worksheets
- These Alphabet Printable Hats are hugely popular and perfect for working on phonemic awareness and a letter of the week curriculum in kindergarten classrooms or homeschool.
- Learn vocabulary as you make your own Kindergarten Alphabet Mini Book has a book for each letter from A to Z.
- Alphabet Coloring Pages – adorable black and white sheets that feature ahuge capital letter with images that start with the same beginning sound for kids to color inside – great way for kids to build vocabulary
- Help kids explore the world around them with these fun, hands on kindergarten science ideas!
- Kindergarten Crafts arranged by month of the year!
Worksheets for kindergarten
- 50 Books for Kindergarten Book List – Books for Kindergarteners to read themselves
- Kindergarten Calendar Printable
- Days of the Week Worksheets
- Kindergarten Spelling Words – add a vowel practice
- Free Kindergarten spelling words Printable
- Lots of fun, free money games for kids
- Hoppy Frog Math Game (addition within 10 and addition to 20)
- Goldfish Kindergarten Subtraction Games
- Roll to 100 Counting Game
- 100s Chart Battleship Game
- Flower Shape Kindergarten Math Crafts
- Kids will have fun as they color and learn with these Ordinal Number Worksheets
- Spring Kite Skip Counting Craft
- Pirate I Spy Worksheets
- Crack the Code Worksheet Pages for Kindergarten and first graders
- Playdough Subtraction Smash free printable math activity
- Free Ordinal numbers worksheet coloring page
- Dinosaur Theme Kindergaten Math Worksheets
- What Comes Next Kindergarten Math
- Free Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Short i cvc worksheets cut and paste pdf
- Short E CVC Words Booklet
- Crack the Code CVC Word Worksheets
- Short a CVC Word Book
- Crayon CVC Words Activity
- CVC Word Puzzles Free Printable
- Word Family Sliders Free – lots of styles to print in color or black and white
- Blowing Bubbles Word Family Activities
- Monster Match CVC Word Activity
- Free Printable Seasons Worksheets w/ Free 4 Season Printables
- Large Printable Weather Unit for kids
- Rain Cloud for Kids experiment and free worksheet
- Water Cycle for Kids Printable Book
- Lots of weather printables to help kids learn about weather terms while epracticing math and literacy skills
- Grab this free printable 5 senses preschool printables to explore the senses of sight, taste, sound, smell, and touch
- Human Body human body playdough mats – lots of choices to learn about various systems of the body including simple for preschoolers, skeletal system, organs, muscles, nerves, and more!
- EPIC, Life-size Human Body Project
- Amazing 5 Senses for kids lesson to explore with hands on activities, videos, books, and more!
- Try this Jelly Bean sense of taste activities for preschool experiment.
- All About Me Kindergarten (Expanding horizons social studies unit to teach kids about themselves, My Family, My Neighborhood, My Community Unit with lots of ideas & resources
- Where do I Live – free printable project and fun idea for explaining how you live in a house, on a block, in a city, in a state, etc.
- Free Community Helpers Coloring Pages – over 20 simple coloring pages exploring jobs
- Community Helpers Printables Wheel
- Handy Community Signs Worksheets
- HUGE Pack of Firefighter Worksheet to practice a variety of skills with kids 3-8
- Free Printable Community Helpers Matching Game
Plus don’t miss our sister site – Kindergarten Worksheets and Games . This site containes all FREE printables and is dedicated soley to Kindergartners! Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, hands-on countries for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages! And our hugely popular Pipe Cleaner constellation activities
Name Tracing Worksheets pdf
By using materials from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!