We are always looking for creative seasonal crafts and kids activities.
Here is a really fun turkey craft my elementary age son loved making last year with a squash from our garden.
Turkey Craft for Kids
You need several cups of dyed packing peanuts (<---- here is how we did it)
My nine year old was able to stick in his wood skewers by himself. A preschool or kindergartner could easily do this craft, but help them with sticking the 6-7 skewers in the back of the squash.
Then your child just pushes the dyed packing peanuts over the skewers, filling them to the top.
Aren’t they pretty turkey feathers? And I love that it is a 3D, textured turkey craft.
When your feathers are all complete use glue to attach google eyes and a construction paper beak, wattle, and feet.
This makes such a cute Thanksgiving centerpiece!
More Thanksgiving Fun for Kids
- FREE Thanksgiving Play for families
- Easy Turkey Snack for Kids
- Thanksgiving Jokes for Kids
- Simple Thanksgiving Costumes for Kids
- Pumpkin Seed Turkey Craft for Kids
- Thanksgiving Writing Prompts
- Rubber band Pumpkin Craft for Kids