This is a practical and fun way for kids to practice identifying blends at the beginning of words.
This activity is a fun learning activity for PreK, Kindergarten, 1st grade and 2nd grade.
Print off the nests and birds in color on cardstock and cut apart.
Then you can either give them two nests that start with the same consonant to help them focus on auditory discrimination or you can give them all 10 nests and let them work on them all simultaneously.
Children will say the item the blue bird is bringing out loud and listen for the beginning blend sound and then place the bird in the correct nest. The 10 blends include:
-br (bread, broom, broccoli, branch)
-bl (block, blanket, bleach, blueberry)
-cl (clover, clam, clock, cloud)
-ch (chicken, church, chocolate, chess)
-gl (glass, glue, globe, gloves)
-gr (grasshopper, graduate, groceries, groundhog)
-pl (plug, plant, plow, pliers)
-pr (princess, pricetag, pretzel, present)
-sc (scoop, scarecrow, scarf, scissors)
-sk (skateboard, skunk, skeleton, skyscraper)
Alphabet Worksheets for Kids
- ALPHABET Bingo Marker Mystery Puzzles
- Disney Alphabet Worksheets
- Cut & Paste Alphabet Book
- Alphabet Playdough PLAYmats
- Alphabet Dot-to-Dot
- Bingo Marker Alphabet Letter Find
- Phonics Coloring Pages
- Lego Duplo Alphabet Mats
- Alphabet Practice Worksheets
- Alphabet Mini Books
Download Blue Bird Sorting Blends Activity
- By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Day Designs.
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!