Help kids learn about what is under their skin with this fun, interactive, and hands on human body project for kids of all ages. Plus it includes a free printable so it is EASY and LOW PREP!
Human Body for Kids
The human body is an amazing thing that kids will be fascinated to learn about. Did you know:
- Heart beats 100,000 times a day!
- Color of your skin is determined by the level of pigment melanin your body makes
- Most adults have 32 teeth
- Smallest bone in the body is in the middle ear
- Your nose and ears keep growing your whole life!
- Everyone has not only a unique fingerprint, but a unique tongue print too!
- It takes about 12 hours to completely digest food you eat!
- Infants have 270 bones at birth and only 206 bones as an adult
Kids will love leaning about what is inside their body by making a replica of themselves and taking a peak at the bones and organs inside.
Human Body Project
Kids of all ages from preschool to kindergarten and elementary age kids will love learning about their body with this FUN, hands-on, and interactive human body project for kids. Plus, it includes free printable human body parts for kids to use to make their anatomy.
First, have your children lay on a large sheet of butcher paper and trace their body. Cut out their shape.
HINT: Make sure you trace them on a table or hard floor instead of carpet.
Human Body Model Project
Next, put the skeletal system together so your child can see what is under their skin.
- Print the free template below (the template is the perfect size for most kids 8-12 years old, for kids 4-7 just print at 85% size under print options)
- Cut out the bones
- Glue bones on the cut-out.
Printable Human Body Parts for Kids
Take this human body project a step farther to teach kids about the organs in their bodies. Print in color these free printable human body parts for kids at the bottom of this post, then cut out the organs. Each one is labeled on the print out.
Human Anatomy for Kids
Students will then add the organs with glue or tape to their skeletal system. This is like a giant life-size puzzle that will help then them learn about human anatomy with an EPIC science activity for kids of all ages!
This is such a fun human body activity for preschool, prek, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students.
Our completed activity allows kids to visualize the human body for kids! This zany, outrageously fun science project will be one kids remember their whole life!
Human Body Preschool
Human Body Activities for Kids
- Human Body Playdough Mats – lots of choices to learn about various systems of the body including simple for preschoolers, skeletal system, organs, muscles, nerves, and more!
- Teach kids about human cells for kids with hands on activities, free printable reader, worksheets, and more!
- 4 EPIC Skeletal System Projects for Kids – using things like pasta, life saver gummies, lego, and more you can learn about the human body in a fun memorable way
- FREE Skeletal System Worksheets for Kids – everything you need to teach kids about their bodies!
- Kids will love learning about the ear with this Ear Science Project for Kids
- Amazing 5 Senses Unit for kids to explore with hands on activities
- Even more creative science experiments, units and free printables for kids for all ages
Download Life Size Human Body Project
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836, Teachers Resource Force, and Digi Web Studio
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!