Although most of you are on a Summer break, this fun ice cream summer learning activity could slyly work itself into your day. Learning about bonds in this way can be such fun it won’t feel like work!
Ice Cream Number Bonds
What you need:
- Felt(I used light brown, dark brown, pink, white and green)
- Blank stickers
How to set it up:
Cut ice cream cones from the light brown felt. Then cut the ice cream scoops using the rest of your felt. We had vanilla (white), strawberry (pink), mint (green) and chocolate (brown).
Use your stickers to write the numbers you are working in. If you are working on bonds for 5 or 10 like we did here, you need the numbers 1 to 10 and then another 5 and 10. Stick these numbered stickers to the scoops. I added stickers to both sides of the scoops. The number 5 and 10 went on the cones.
How to play:
Choose a cone (with a number) and add the scoops(numbers you need to make up the bond) and add it to the cone. See how many ways there is to build a specific number ice cream. Lastly, use the tweezers to add a “cherry”(pompom) or two!
Build as many ice creams with the correct scoops to make up the number bonds as you can!
A fun activity to work on bonds, and fine motor skills too!]
Ice Cream Printables
If you are looking for more ice cream activities to add to your ice cream theme of summer learning, check these out!
- AMAZING, Edible Play Doh Ice Cream Recipe that scoops like ice creaam!
- Ice Cream Themed, Summer Bucket List Ideas
- Work on tracing letter with these free printable Ice Cream Alphabet
- Delicious Ice Cream Alphabet Puzzles to help kids practice matching upper and lowercase letters
- Plus check out these Ice Cream Alpabet Playdough Mats
- Practice adding to to with these cute Ice Cream Make 10 Game
- Cute, Hands-on Ice Cream Number Bonds Practice
- Printable Digraph Activity scooping Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Compound Words Activity
- FUN Ice Cream Place Value Activity fo kindergarten and first graders
- Or scoop a sunday with this Place Value Activity for grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students
- Cut and paste sentences with this Sentence Scrambles to make your own Ice Cream Reader for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students
- Practice adding Ice Cream scoop endings to words with this suffixes activity
- Color Matching Ice Cream Activity
- TONS of cute Ice Cream Craft Preschool
- Simple Ice Cream Coloring Pages
- Fun and EASY How to Make your own Ice Cream in a Bag
- Try our delicious and EASY homemade vanilla ice cream
- Or whip up some ice cream this winter with this outrageously fun and super YUMMY How to Make Snow Ice Cream
- Practice Addition with this Ice Cream Math task cards using playdough!
- Cute Ice Cream I Spy Worksheet
- Make practicing math fun with these fun Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Simple Ice Cream craft using washi tape for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners.
- Fun-to-Make, Printable Ice Cream Math Craft
- Count to 20 as you Build your Ice Cream Math Sundae
- Scoop up Ice Cream Counting Printable
- Ice Cream Math Game Book Based Activity for Kindergartners
- I is for Ice Cream handart project for kids
- Practice completing patterns with this FUN Ice Cream Pattern Printable
- Fun Ice Cream themed Shape Playdough Mats
Looking for more fun ways to learn this summer with popsicle themed activities? You will love these free printables:
- Summer activities for preschoolers making Popsicle Alphabet Puzzles
- Ice Cream Division Puzzles make practicing math FUN
- Popsicle Count to 10 clip cards are a fun, educational Summer Activities for Preschoolers
- Trace the Letters on the Alphabet Popsicles in this Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Work on Number Sense with these Counting Summer Activity for Preschool Puzzles
- 2 ingredient Gummy Bear Popsicles are so COLORFUL and EASY!