Although most of you are on a Summer break, this fun ice cream summer learning activity could slyly work itself into your day. Learning about bonds in this way can be such fun it won’t feel like work!
Ice Cream Number Bonds
What you need:
- Felt(I used light brown, dark brown, pink, white and green)
- Blank stickers
How to set it up:
Cut ice cream cones from the light brown felt. Then cut the ice cream scoops using the rest of your felt. We had vanilla (white), strawberry (pink), mint (green) and chocolate (brown).
Use your stickers to write the numbers you are working in. If you are working on bonds for 5 or 10 like we did here, you need the numbers 1 to 10 and then another 5 and 10. Stick these numbered stickers to the scoops. I added stickers to both sides of the scoops. The number 5 and 10 went on the cones.
How to play:
Choose a cone (with a number) and add the scoops(numbers you need to make up the bond) and add it to the cone. See how many ways there is to build a specific number ice cream. Lastly, use the tweezers to add a “cherry”(pompom) or two!
Build as many ice creams with the correct scoops to make up the number bonds as you can!
A fun activity to work on bonds, and fine motor skills too!]
Number Bond Printables
Lookign for more number bond activities for kids? Check out these fun, free resources:
- Pumpkin Number Bonds to 10 Worksheet
- Glue Number Bonds to 10
- Flower Number Bonds to 20
- Acorn Number Bonds Worksheets
- Free Printable Number Bond Games
- Hands-on Apple Number Bonds
- Fun Ice Cream Number Bonds to 10 Activities
- Printable Apple Number Bond Activities
- Fishing Number Bonds to 10 Craft (free printable)
Ice Cream Activities
If you are looking for more ice cream activities to add to your ice cream theme of summer learning, check these out!
- AMAZING, Edible Play doh ice cream Recipe that scoops like ice creaam!
- Ice Cream Themed, Summer Bucket List Ideas
- Work on tracing letter with these free Alphabet Ice Cream Printables
- Delicious Alphabet Ice Cream Printables Puzzles to help kids practice matching upper and lowercase letters
- Check out these Alphabet Mats for your Ice Cream Theme
- Practice adding to to with these cute Make 10 Ice Cream Math
- Cute, Hands-on Number Bonds Ice Cream Activity
- Printable Digraph Activities for first grade scooping Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Compound Word Activity
Ice Cream Theme
- FUN Ice Cream Place Value Kindergarten Activity
- Or scoop a sunday with this Place Value Activity for grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students
- Cut and paste sentences with this Sentence Scrambles to make your own Ice Cream Reader for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students
- Practice adding Ice Cream scoop endings to words with this word endings activities
- Color Matching Activity for your Ice Cream Theme
- Simple Ice Cream Coloring Pages
- Fun and EASY How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Try our delicious and EASY How to make homemade ice cream
- Practice Addition with this Ice Cream Math task cards using playdough!
Ice Cream Printables
- TONS of cute Ice Cream Craft Preschool
- Cute I Spy ice cream games for kids
- Make practicing math fun with these fun Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Simple Ice Cream craft using washi tape for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners.
- Fun-to-Make, Printable Ice Cream Math Craft
- Count to 20 as you Build your Ice Cream Math Sundae
- Scoop up Ice Cream Counting Printable
- Ice Cream Math Game Book Based Activity for Kindergartners
- I is for Ice Cream handart project for kids
- Practice completing patterns with this FUN Ice Cream pattern activity for preschoolers
- Hands-on Ice Cream Shapes Playdough Mats
Looking for more fun ways to learn this summer with popsicle themed activities? You will love these free printables:
- Summer alphabet activities making Popsicle Alphabet Puzzles
- Division Ice Cream Math with printable popsicle puzzles makes practicing math FUN
- Popsicle Count to 10 clip cards are a fun, educational Summer Math
- Trace the Letters on the Alphabet Popsicles in this Summer Activity for Kindergarten
- Work on Number Sense with these cute Counting Popsicles Puzzles
- 2 ingredient Gummy Bear Popsicles are so COLORFUL and EASY!