Although most of you are on a Summer break, this fun ice cream summer learning activity could slyly work itself into your day. Learning about bonds in this way can be such fun it won’t feel like work!
Ice Cream Number Bonds
What you need:
- Felt(I used light brown, dark brown, pink, white and green)
- Blank stickers
How to set it up:
Cut ice cream cones from the light brown felt. Then cut the ice cream scoops using the rest of your felt. We had vanilla (white), strawberry (pink), mint (green) and chocolate (brown).
Use your stickers to write the numbers you are working in. If you are working on bonds for 5 or 10 like we did here, you need the numbers 1 to 10 and then another 5 and 10. Stick these numbered stickers to the scoops. I added stickers to both sides of the scoops. The number 5 and 10 went on the cones.
How to play:
Choose a cone (with a number) and add the scoops(numbers you need to make up the bond) and add it to the cone. See how many ways there is to build a specific number ice cream. Lastly, use the tweezers to add a “cherry”(pompom) or two!
Build as many ice creams with the correct scoops to make up the number bonds as you can!
A fun activity to work on bonds, and fine motor skills too!]
Number Bond Printables
Lookign for more number bond activities for kids? Check out these fun, free resources:
- Pumpkin Number Bonds to 10 Worksheet
- Glue Number Bonds to 10
- Flower Number Bonds to 20
- Acorn Number Bonds Worksheets
- Free Printable Number Bond Games
- Hands-on Apple Number Bonds
- Fun Ice Cream Number Bonds to 10 Activities
- Printable Apple Number Bond Activities
- Fishing Number Bonds to 10 Craft (free printable)
Ice Cream Activities
If you are looking for more ice cream activities to add to your ice cream theme of summer learning, check these out!
- Kids will go nuts over this edible ice cream sand castle summer snack for kids
- AMAZING, Edible ice cream play doh recipe that scoops like ice creaam!
- Ice Cream Themed, Summer Bucket List Ideas
- Color Matching Activity for your Ice Cream Theme
- Simple Ice Cream Coloring Pages pdf
- Fun and EASY How to Make ice cream in a bag science experiment worksheet
- 2 ingredient Gummy Bear Popsicles are so COLORFUL and EASY!
- Try our delicious and EASY How to make homemade ice cream
- TONS of cute Ice Cream Craft Preschool
- EPIC Ice Cream Volcano
- Cute I Spy I spy ice cream
- Ice Cream Handprint Craft for toddler and preschool kids
- Simple Ice Cream craft using washi tape for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners.
- Bubble Wrap and Puffy Paint Ice Cream craft
- Ice Cream Name Craft with free printable template
- Simple, free printable Ice Cream Coloring Pages
Ice Cream Printables
- Work on tracing letter with these free Alphabet ice cream handwriting paper
- Delicious Alphabet Ice Cream alphabet printable Puzzles to help kids practice matching upper and lowercase letters
- Check out these Alphabet Mats for your Ice Cream Theme
- Free printable Alphabet Popsicles matching capital and lowercase letters nad beginning sounds too
- Trace the Letters on the Alphabet Popsicles in this fun letter tracing
- Match the upper and lowercase letter puzzles in this free ice cream game
- Kids will love building their ABCs with these popsicle stick letters free template
- Ice Cream Compound Word Puzzles or this other set of ice cream compound words
- Practice adding Ice Cream scoop endings to words with this word endings worksheets and activity
- Printable Digraph Activities for first grade scooping Ice Cream
- Cut and paste sentences ice cream worksheets
- Popsicle Rhyme and Dab Summer Literacy Activity for Pre-k and Kindergarten
Ice Cream Worksheets
- Ice Cream Scoop Pattern Activity
- Make practicing math fun with these fun Ice Cream Worksheets
- Count to 10 free printable ice cream counting printable math craft
- Popsicle counting – free printable number sense puzzles
- Number Popsicles – count to 10 clip cards are a fun
- Scoop pom-pom ice cream and count 1-10 with this ice cream counting printable
- Ice Cream Worksheets Preschool – count and trace to ten
- Count to 20 as you build with your free printable ice cream sundae template
- Ice Cream Math Game Book Based Activity for Kindergartners
- Practice completing patterns with this FUN ice cream pattern printable and activity for kids
- Hands-on Addition with this Ice Cream Math task cards using playdough!
- Free Printable Ice Cream Playdough Mats to learn shapes
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Printable Free
Ice Cream Math
Looking for more fun ways to learn this summer with popsicle themed activities? You will love these free printables:
- Free Printable Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Practice adding to 1o with this cute Make 10 Ice Cream Cut and Paste Activity
- Popsicle Division Puzzles with printable popsicle puzzles makes practicing math FUN
- Or scoop a sunday with this Place Value Ice Cream for grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students
- Free Printable Place Value Ice Cream Cone