Looking for a fun-to-make coffee filter art project to make? This beautiful and simple coffee filter craft makes a beautiful sunrise using a few simple materials such as markers and coffee filters. Children of all ages from toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd graders and more will love seeing how the colors blend together to make a stunning work of art!
Coffee Filter Art
With the temperatures rising, many of us will spend more time outside! Why not get up early one morning and catch the incredible sunrise? It is a beautiful time of year to do so. Once you have spent time admiring nature’s beauty unfold, try making this gorgeous (and easy!) coffee filter sunrise art! Your kids will be amazed with the process! And the results are equally mesmerizing! Peel back that coffee filter and reveal a stunning sunrise!
Coffee Filter Craft
To make your own, gorgeous coffee filter sunrise, you will need a few simple materials you probably already have on hand:
- Coffee filters
- Markers of all colors (think colors in a sunrise)
- White Glue
- Spray bottle
- Cardstock in desired colors
- Cotton balls
Coffee Filter Crafts with Markers
To start making your sunrise:
Fold your coffee filter in half. Leave intact.
Use your markers to add color. You may notice the coffee filter already has a sunrise appearance to it! Fill in the half circle on the bottom to create the rising sun, use the ridges on the coffee filter as a guide for the sunrays! Be sure to use markers with good saturation. This will ensure your colors transfer well.
Grab your desired color of cardstock. Lighter colors will show the marker transfer more vividly.
Turn your paper horizontally. Place the folded coffee filter with the marker side up over the bottom half of the paper. Lay it flat. See the picture for reference.
Sun Crafts for Kids
Lightly spray the marker-colored filter. It should be damp but not soaked. Press down any areas that may protrude. It will help transfer the color more effectively if you press lightly all around the sunrise.
After a minute, remove the coffee filter. Viola! You have a stunning sunrise!
Use green paper to create rolling hills at the bottom. Apply with white school glue.
Grab your cotton. Pull pieces apart and glue around the sunrise. You could add trees, sheep, or little houses! There are many possibilities! Enjoy the process!!
- Lacing Flower Craft
- Pasta in clay Flower Crafts
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Pretty Cherry Blossom Craft for SpringFun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- Pretty red poppy craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Purple Hollyhock Tissue Paper Flowers Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Zinnia Fingerprint Flower Craft
- Hyacinth Flower Craft
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Grow Your own Crystal Flower Science
- White Dandelion Craft for Preschoolers
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Beautiful Painted Flower Craft Preschool
- Delphinium Egg Carton Flowers Craft for Kids
Fun Summer Activities for Kids
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Whip up a batch of Kool Aid Playdough – it smells amazing!
- EASY, Vibrant Sidewalk Chalk Paint for Kids
- I Spy DIY Bottles are quick, easy and FUN!
- Amazing Tin Foil Art Project for Kids of all Ages
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket Science Experiment for Kids
- Summer Bucket List Printable with Ice Cream Theme
- How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Ice Cream Playdough Patterns
- Acorn Beehive
- Hosta Leaf Fish
- Cork Ships
- Head to the zoo with this FREE Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for all ages!
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Try one of these fun Animal I Spy Printables
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Play with your food using this goldfish counting activity
- After seeing the frogs at the pond, grab this free life cycle of a frog worksheet
- Avoid the summer learning loss by practicing math with these crack the code worksheets
- First Day of Summer Craft
- Create this gorgeous stained glass art for kids
- 107 Epic Summer Activities for Kids