These clever alphabet puzzles are a fun way for kids to not only practice their alphabet letters, but also matching uppercase and lower case letters.
How to PrepareDownload these alphabet picture puzzles below.
- Print the color or black and white pictures onto card, plus the alphabet mat.
- If using the black and white versions, color them first!
- Cut the pictures into small pieces and keep each puzzle in a separate, small ziploc bag.
- Laminate the mat and small cards for longer use if you'd like.
Using these alphabet picture puzzles
- Children place the alphabet mat in front of them.
- Taking one puzzle, lay each piece in the correct place by matching the lowercase letters on the picture pieces to the uppercase letters on the mat.
- Looking to see if the picture is correct is a way for kids to self-check their work.
- To add more fine motor elements, use glue to attach the picture puzzle pieces to the alphabet mat.
- To make it easier for those starting out do half the puzzle and then ask the child to complete it, leaving out the letters they are more familiar with plus a partially completed picture which will help them finish off the puzzle.
FREE Resources You'll LOVE
- 100+ Outrageously Fun ABC Games
- Letter Sounds Bingo
- Alphabet Cut and Paste, Write and Read
- Alphabet Mazes
- Alphabet Punch Cards
Download Alphabet Picture Puzzles
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Founder of Liz's Early Learning Spot, Australian Early Childhood teacher, mom, audiobook queen, lover of beach and bush walks. You can also find me on: Facebook and Pinterest
** TOP POSTS ** (each with over 10K pageviews)