These free printable Beginning Sound Games are a great way to work on learning initial sounds while playing a fun game. Use this beginning sounds games as part of a beginning sound, alphabet or literacy study or for extra work. Simply print the letter sound games for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students and you are ready to play and learn!
Beginning Sounds Games
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this low-prep activity for helping students learn beginning sounds. One of the easiest ways to help kids learn and remember is to have them learn while having fun. Children will learn the alphabet sounds of all the letters while playing this initial sounds games. This letter sound gamesis perfect for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students.
Initial Sounds Games
Beginning Sound Games
- There are six different game boards, with each board focusing on three or four beginning sounds.
- Print out the game boards and laminate for durability.
- Choose the game board that you would like to use.
- Place the game pieces onto the start square.
- Shuffle and place the corresponding cards next to the game board, face down. For example, if using the first board game which focuses on a, b, c, and d, place the cards of pictures that use those letters face down next to the board. There are six cards for each letter.
Letter Sound Games
- Children will choose a card and look at the picture.
- They will say the name of the picture and then the beginning sound.
- Then they will move their game piece to closest spot that contains that letter.
- If the sound is said correctly, they may continue on in the game. If the number is said incorrectly, they lose their turn and need to return to the previous spot they were on when they started their turn.
- Continue until the first person lands on the finish dot and wins.
This fun and free printable game comes in color. There are six different board games included.
Beginning sound activities for kindergarten
Looking for more fun and free begining sounds printables? You will love these engaging activities that help kids work on phonemic awareness
- Free Beginning Sounds Animal Clip It Cards
- free printable beginning sounds worksheets
- Stamping Beginning Sounds Activity
- Birds on a Branch Alphabet Matching Game
- Beginning Sounds Mitten Match
- CVC Words Beginning Sounds Clip Cards
- Christmas Tree Beginning Sounds Game
- Super cute, Free Phonics Beginning Sounds Worksheets using Do a Dot Markers
- Create a Felt Alphabet, Alphabet Tracing Worksheets, Alphabet Dot Book
- Build a Flower Beginning Sounds Activity
- Adorable Penguin Beginning Sounds Match
- Phonics Buses Beginning Sounds Match
- Clever Letter Sound Matching Game
- Fun Fish Phonics Activities Kindergarten
- Hands-on Beginning Sound Clip Cards
- Pumpkin Phonics Games for Kindergarten
- Ice Cream Beginning Sounds Activity
- Cute Easter Phonics Puzzles
- Printable Kite Phonics Craft
- Free Beginning Sounds Worksheets (write missing letter and cut and paste)
- Clip Cards for working on Initial Sounds Activities
- Free Beginning Sounds Game with magnetic letters
- Free Beginning Sounds Worksheets For Kindergarten and First Grade
FREE Alphabet PrintablesLooking for more abc printables for kids? You have tons of free alphabet printables
- Fun Alphabet, Phonics Coloring Pages
- Super cute, Free printable Letter Recognition Worksheets – each page has a different theme
- Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages to practice letter tracing A-Z
- Alphabet Books pdf – a book for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets – handy with a page per letter with tracing for upper and lowercase letters
- Alphabet Maze pack to practice ABCs with cute themed mazes
- Print these handy Alphabet Printables for Wall
- Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets – great for learning ABCs with pre-k
- Super Cute Printable Letter Hats to color and wear for letter of the week
- Simple Alphabet Playdough Mats with space to trace letters
- Finish the picture Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Practice phonemic awareness with these cute, free printable KITE alphabet crafts
- Handy Alphabet Printables for Wall
- Build letters with these cute lego letters mat set
- Match letters and sounds to make a PB & J sandwich with clever initial sounds activities
- Free Build a Letter Template
Alphabet Activities for Kids
- Super cute Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Practice letters with these clever Pirate ABC Worksheets
- Our most popular Alphabet worksheets as they have a little of everything (above)
- Super cute alphabet crafts using our free lower case letters printables
- Uppercase Alphabet Letter Crafts
- Alphabet Strips are a handy visual for kids
- Practice a variety of math and litearcy skills with these themed free alphabet printables
- Make a cute handprint alphabet project for each letter A – Z
- Simple Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Fun Letter Recognition Worksheets for Kids to do with do a dot markers
- Animal Themed Uppercase Letter Tracing Cards
- Alphabet Dot Marker Printables
- Animal Themed ABC Worksheets
- Cute fish Find the Letter Worksheets
- Print and Go Find the Letter Worksheets
- Free Printable Uppercase Letter Crafts
- Outrageously FUN Fruit Loop Alphabet Mats
- Looking for more free printables? We have lots of pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets 1st grade worksheets, and over 1 million pages of FREE worksheets for kids.
Letters and sounds gamesBefore you grb your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.