My daughter recently turned three. For her 3rd birthday party we had a Farm Birthday Party. We had a lot of fun preschool farm games, inexpensive farm decorations, homemade farm cake, and more! The farm birthday party was simple and inexpensive to throw together. We had a great time.
Farm Birthday Party
This super cute Farm Birthday Party is perfect for boys or girls of all ages! Scroll down for lots of creative farm birthday party ideas.
Farm Birthday Party Cake
I made the Farm Birthday party Cake from scratch. I made our favorite chocolate cake recipe, frosted with my homemade Buttercream frosting, and decorated it with Marshmallow Fondant. All the animals, hay bales, pig, etc. are all hand formed from the marshmallow fondant.
Since her party was in the fall, I decorated the back to look like fall. Here is a closer look at the back of the farm birthday cake.
Here is a closer look at the Marshmallow Fondant made farm animals for farm themed birthday cake.
Farm Party Decorations
Barn & Silo
I made the barn & Silo from red plastic table clothes from the dollar store. I used masking tape we had laying around.
Yep, we bought a bale of hay from our local feed store for $6. It fit 3-4 kids on it and made a great backdrop.
Note: If you guests are allergic to hay, this may not be a good idea.
We made pigs out of pig balloons. I cut a kidney shape nose and added 2 black circle snouts and taped it onto the balloon. I used a sharpie to make two eyes. Finally, I taped two triangle ears that I folded along the bottom to make them stand up. I put the balloon “tail” in the back to be the pig tail.
We put the pigs in their own pen by standing up some short fence we had in our storage shed. It made the cutest pig pen for our party.
I cut out the sheep body out of a cardboard box. Then I sprayed glue on the body and added Morning Glory Fluster Stuff 10oz Cluster Fiber (used to stuff craft stuff) to it. The texture looked just like a sheep!
I taped on a black balloon for the sheep’s head. Then I glued on construction paper eyes, ears, and mouth. Finally I taped black legs onto the bottom of the sheep. He was an adorable sheep!
Milking Cow Decoration
Our working, milking cow decoration was a cinch to make. We started out with saw horses. Then I slid a flattened box over the top to give it a more boxy shape. We threw a cow print plastic table cloth over the top. We attached a black balloon with a cow hat on top to the front to give him his head. (More on how we made the cow udders to milk under games below).
We used some loose straw to make a chicken nest. We added some Easter Eggs we had laying around and the cutest little stuffed animal chicken. The stuffed chicken came from Stuffed Safari. The “Aurora” brand stuffed animals are the most realistic, soft, and durable stuffed animals we have found. I highly recommend them.
We bought a stick horse for our daughter and used it as a backdrop at the party too. I’m told that sometimes the dollar store has these for $1 That would be a great party favor, but they weren’t available at the time we planned our party.
Farm Birthday Party Food
For our farm party we had some fun animal themed farm food served on red & burlap tablecloth.
We served Fresh Vegetables in the “garden”, Chicken Feed (chex mix) in a burlap sack, Pig Hamburgers,
Cow Chocolate Milk and Homemade Lemonade, in an apple basket Apples with Peanut Butter Dip, and in an egg cartoon Deviled Egg Chicks.
Farm Games for Kids
A farm party is a great theme for boys and girls of lots of ages. Since our party was for a three year old our farm farm games were for toddler or younger preschool age. These farm themed birthday party games can be adapted to a wide age range.
- Round up the Pigs! – The pigs all got loose from the pig pen. The kids had to gather up the pigs and put them back in the pen. There was lots of giggling with this game as our farmer kept helping the pigs escape again.
- Sheer the Sheep – Our little farmers help sheet our sheep by pulling off all their wool and putting it in a burlap sack. The kids really enjoyed this game.
- Gather the Eggs – Our silly chickens were laying eggs all over the house! The kids helped gather up all the (Easter) Eggs and put them in egg cartons. Note: Interesting fact, we own Easter Egger chickens and they really do lay green, blue, and pink eggs!
- Herd your Animals – Each of our little farmers had a party hat that looked like a farm animal. For this games we had placed index cards with stickers of their farm animal on it around the house. Each little farmer had to find their 10 animals to bring back to the barn.
- Milk the Cow – This was so much fun. My husband rigged up a glove under our cow decoration. The kids all got a chance to milk the cow. This was a HUGE hit!
- Sack Races – We didn’t actually play this game as it was a party for 3 year olds, but I wanted to at least mention it for those of you with older kids. This is a great activity and you can get burlap or potato sacks on Amazon or Ebay.
My Pet Balloon
I found these my adorable My Pet Balloons. They are super cute & were a huge hit with my 3 year old. You fill them with helium (which our local party filled for $1.56). Then they “walk” as you pull them along. I think this was one of my daughter’s favorite things!
Looking for more FREE farm printables to help kids learn a variety of skills? You will love these resources:
- Sequencing Cards – farm to table jam, milk, bread, chocolate, eggs, and orange juice (matching sequencing worksheets)
- Farm Kindergarten Sight Words Games
- Printable Farm CVC Words Activity
- Money Farm Worksheets
- Tractor Worksheets for practicing making alphabet letters
- Farm cutting practice worksheets
- Fun-to-Read Farm Books for Preschool
- Lots of CLEVER Farm Activities for Kids
- Farm Alphabet Mats
- Counting Farm Animals Readers
- Super cute free printable Farm Worksheets for Kindergarten
- C is for Cow letter of the week unit with crafts, activities, and printables for kids
- Farm Writing Prompts or these On the Farm Writing Prompts
- Printable Puzzle Farm animals and their babies
- Farm Free printable books for beginning readers
- Life on the Farm Hidden pictures printable worksheets
- Farm Building Sentences Cut and Paste Reader
- Seasons worksheet about life on the farm
- Farm Color Sorting Printable
- Super cute Farm Coloring Pages
- Farm ABC Order Worksheets
- Free Farm Color by Number Worksheets for workign on number recognition
- Do-a-Dot NUMBERS Farm Worksheets
- Kindergarten Farm Unit – over 220+ pages for Preschool, Kindergarten, & 1st Grade
- Educational Farm Activities
- CUTE Preschool Farm Activities Free Worksheets to work on a variety of skills
- Huge set of Free Farm Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Farm Animals and their Homes Flip Book
- Counting farm animals worksheet pages for numbers 1-10
- Printable Farm Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- HUGE Farm Animals Worksheet Pack with lots of math and literacy for early learners
- Farm themed free printable cutting activities for preschoolers
- Number Sense Puzzles – Farm Activities for Preschoolers
- Farm Animal Tracing Worksheets
- FREE Farm Animal Puppet Printables
- Farm Writing Numbers in Words Worksheets
- Simple Sentences for Kindergarten Worksheet – Farm theme
- I Spy Farm Animals Printables
- LOTs of ideas in this Farm Theme Preschool
Make your child birthday (or half birthday) extra special with one of these:
- Free Printable Birthday Hats
- Let everyone give the birthday child a card with our free Printable Birthday Cards
- Ready to plan an epic birthday party your child will remember for a lifetime —> take a peak at our 20+ Birthday Party Ideas. From super hero, pirates, monsters inc, tinkerbell, pets, and more we have ideas for games, DIY decorations, cake decorating, and more! Looking for a fun way to practice counting and writing numbers; your child will love these Free birthday cake printable playdough mats
- 20+ Ways for How to Make a Birthday Special
Birthday Party Themes
- Despicable Me Party
- Dog Birthday Party
- Doc McStuffin Party
- Farm Birthday Party
- Fish Birthday Party
- Frozen Birthday Party
- Monsters Inc Party
- Pirate Party
- Princess Party
- Star Wars Birthday Party
- Science Party
- Super Hero Birthday Party
- Tangled Birthday Party
- Tinker Bell Birthday Party
Looking for more great content? We have over 1 million free printable worksheets conveniently arranged by subject or grade: super cute Pre k Worksheets, fun kindergarten worksheets, free 1st grade worksheets, handy 2nd grade worksheets, printable 3rd grade worksheets, and 4th grade worksheets
- Help kids learn their ABCs and work on letter recognition with these super cute A to Z Worksheet pages
- Over 2000 pages of free alphabet printables to find exactly what you are looking for!
- Huge pack of solar system worksheets
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Simple machines for kids projects, lesson plans, printables, and more!
- FREE Maps for kids including printable world map for kids, continent maps, and country maps too
- Handy Sight Words Printable list plus lots of sight word games, activities, and worksheets too!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- We also have reading list like this 1st grade reading books pdf to help you pick engaging books for kids!
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- Make learning fun with these free cut and paste worksheets
- Plus don’t miss this outrageously fun Human Body Project
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Teach kids to tell time with this huge pack of printable time puzzles
Plus don’t miss these popular posts from our sister sites:
- Shaped Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Lots of cute, themed Free Kindergarten Worksheets
- Bingo Dauber Printables
- Printable Lowercase letter alphabet crafts
- Printable Uppercase alphabet Letter Crafts
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Letter Recognition Worksheets with do a do markers
- Lots of free ABC Printables for preschoolers
- Free Playdough Mats to work on shapes, numbers, colors, alphabet letters, and more!
- Uppercase Letter Tracing with animal alphabet mats
- Free Color Worksheets
- Simple, free alphabet worksheets
How did you make the udders for the cow?
Such a cute farm party.
I’m trying to figure out what you did with the plastic gloves and udder for the cow. Did you fill the gloves with something like milk. Or something else? I guess trying to figure out how you had the kids milk the cow