Helping kids learn to memorize scripture is important and these free printable Bible Verses cards will make it easy and low prep!
Printable Bible Verse Cards
Perhaps you’ve never really thought about if you (and your children) should memorize scripture. Maybe you figure they are learning verses in Sunday School or in AWANA. But what about your personal responsibility for the spiritual formation of your children? And what about when they age out of the AWANA program? If you have thought about it I bet it seems overwhelming – what verses should we memorize and how do I make it stick?
My suggestion is don’t over think it. Any verse they memorize will be beneficial. Most importantly – START!
But I have an easy way for you to help your kids memorize key scripture so they are prepared for life. Just print the following free printable on cardstock, cut out, and rubberband together. I’ve even given you suggestions for how to memorize scripture below.
Bible Verse Cards
Why Memorizing Scripture
- Keep us from sinning – I have hidden your word in my heart so that I might not sin against you” Psalm 119:
- Jesus did – Jesus quoted Old Testament Scripture over 180 times
- Keep God’s Commands on our hearts and lips “These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.” Deuteronomy 6:6-7
- Fight Temptation – The Bible is the sword in the armor of God and we are told to put on the armor of God so we can fight temptation. “Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand…..and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.” Ephesians 6:13, 17b Jesus used the sword of the Word as well in Matthew 4:1-11.
- Renew our Mind – “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.” Romans 2:2
- Meditate on it Day and Night – “Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.” Joshua 1:8
- Respond to Why you Believe – “Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.” 1 Peter 3:15
Bible Verses for Kids
How to Memorize Scripture
The key to memorizing anything is repetition! On top of that, you will remember better the you do of these: see, hear, say, and write.
I suggest picking a new verse or passage each week.
- Read the verse in your head a couple times a day
- Say the verse out loud a couple times a day (maybe as a family at breakfast and dinner)
- Write the verse down (you can mail it to a friend or Grandma)
- Drawing pictures on your verse cards can help visual learners
- Making verses into songs makes memorizing verses easy
I also suggest reviewing previously memorized verses periodically as well. Perhaps a different memory verse every day.
In no time your kids will have the power of the sword of the spirit ready to quickly help them throughout their daily life.
Printable Bible Verses
What Verses to Memorize
- Genesis 1:1, 27, 31a
- Leviticus 19:2
- Numbers 6:24-26
- Deuteronomy 5:16, 6:5-9, 11:19, 31:8
- Joshua 1:7-9, 24:15
- Psalm 1, 23, 27:11, 37:27-29, 46:1, 46:10, 86:11, 100, 105:3, 107:1, 118:1, 118:24, 119:9-12, 119:105, 139:13-14, 145:18-19, 147:5
- Proverbs 1:8-9, 3:5-6, 3:9-10, 12:25, 13:20, 17:17, 20:11, 22:6, 30:5-6
- Isaiah 9:6, 40:28-31
- Jeremiah 29:11, 32:27
- Micah 6:8
- Matthew 4:12, 5:13-16, 6:9-13, 6:33, 7:1-3, 7:17-20, 11:28-30, 19:14, 22:37-39, 25:40, 28:5-6, 28:18-20
- Mark 1:17, 10:43-45, 16:15
- Luke 1:37, 2:1-20, 6:31,12:6-7, 19:10
- John 3:16-17, 10:10, 10:9-10, 10:27-30, 14:1-2, 14:6, 14:27, 16:33, 20:30-31, 21:25
- Acts 1:8, 4:12, 16:31
- Romans 1:16, 3:10,23, 5:8, 5:12, 6:23, 8:9-10, 8:26, 8:28, 8:38-39 12:1-2, 12:9-21
- 1 Corinthians 6:18-20, 10:13, 10:23, 10:31, 13:4-7, 15:3-4, 16:14
- 2 Corinthians 5:17, 9:6-9
- Galatians 2:20, 3:13b, 5:22-23, 6:9-11
- Ephesians 2:8-9, 4:26-33, 6:1-3, 6:10-18
- Philippians 2:3-11, 3:20, 4:4-8, 4:13-15, 19
- Colossians 3:20, 3:23, 3:15-17
- 1 Thessalonians 4:3-4, 4:16-17, 5:17-18
- 1 Timothy 4:12-15
- 2 Timothy 3:14-17
- Titus 3:5-7
- Hebrews 5:13-14, 10:23-25, 11:1, 12:1-3, 13;2, 13:8
- James 1:17-19, 2:10
- 1 Peter 1:6, 1:25, 1:18-19, 2:24-25, 3:1-4, 3:7-9, 3:15, 5:5-11
- 2 Peter 1:16, 1:20-21
- 1 John 1:1-10, 3:16-18, 4:8, 4:19, 5:12,
- Revelation 3:20, 21:1-4
Bible Printables for Kids
- Free printable books of the bible bookmarks templates
- Printable Bible Verses (verse cards for kids and families)
- Sermon Notes for Kids (works with any sermon)
- Creation BINGO Printable
- Printable Jelly Bean Gospel for Kids
- Creation Crafts for Kids
- Bible Verse Copywork
- Cain and Abel Craft
- Sin Entered the World Sin Craft for Kids
- Learn Books of the Bible with Hopscotch game
- Beatitudes Sunday school lesson
- Jesus Feeds the 5000 Craft
- Lost Sheep Craft
- See all of our free Sunday School Lessons!
Download FREE Printable Bible Verses Cards
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to share, please direct others to this website to download their own copy – that keeps my material FREE for personal use =)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Graphics by Lemon Elf Studio at Mygrafico
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!