Celebrate Presidents Day on the third monday of February with these free printable Presidents Day Worksheets for elementary age students. This huge pack of 44 pages of presidents day for kids printables help kids learn about George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, how we honor our presidents, famous presidential landmarks, and practice a variety of skills at the same time. These presidents day activities are perfect for kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th graders too. Simply download pdf file with free presidents day printables and you are ready for your Presidents Day Lesson.
Presidents Day Worksheets
Looking for fun presidents day printables to help kids learn why we celebrate Presidents Day in the United States of America? Grab our pack of presidents day worksheets perfect for children from kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students. We’ve included a variety of presidents day activities from American Money bingo to Presidents Day writing prompts, design your own coin to Mount Rushmore Facts and Activity.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this no prep Presidents Day Lesson for elementary age students. Use this as a stand-a-lone lesson, part of a study of the United States for Kids, in the classroom or at home, or as a supplement to your homeschool curriculum.
Presidents day printables
Presidents Day For Kids
We started by reading President’s Day by Natalie M. Rosinsky which did an excellent job of explaining what President’s Day is and how it began, why we honor Abraham Lincoln, why we honor George Washington, symbols of President’s Day, and how we observe President’s Day Today. This book is great for students in K-6th grade as both a read aloud and read alone book.
Abraham Lincoln for Kids
- 5 minute video on Abraham Lincoln for Kids
- Virtual Tour of Abraham Lincoln’s Homes
- Make a log cabin out of Lincoln Logs or out of pretzel rods & peanut butter as a snack
- Make an Abraham Lincoln paper plate mask for kids
- Use one of the quotes in the pack below to make a creative writing project and a Lincoln craft (example)
George Washington for Kids
- 4 minute video about George Washington for Kids
- Virtual Tour of George Washington’s Home
- Make a Tricorn hat
- Use one of the quotes in the pack below to make a creative writing project and a Washington craft (example)
Explore Places we Honor our Presidents
- Take a closer look at Mt. Rushmore (printable included below)
- Explore Coins (printables included design your own & Money Bingo) – add some Science by trying to hypothesize what will clean pennies better like this.
- Take a closer look at the monuments in Washington DC made to honor our presidents (video) (website)
- Make a hand/foot art Bald Eagle Craft (great for ages 3-8)
Free presidents day worksheets
These Presidents Day Worksheet pages are well suited for elementary age students.. The 44 pages include:
- 30 pages of Copywork including quotes from Abraham Lincoln & George Washington
- President’ Day Acrostic Poems
- Design Your Own Coin
- Money Bingo
- Mount Rushmore Facts & Activity
- If I were the President Writing
Presidents Day Activities for Kids
- Free Presidents Day Worksheets Pack filled with lots of ideas for your Presidents Day Lesson Plan
- Abraham Lincoln Crafts with paper plate and log cabin idea
- Presidents Day Hat – fun-to-make Tricorn Hat for Kids
- Free Presidents Day Coloring Pages
- Patriotic Worksheets for preschoolers and kindergartners
- Patriotic Subtraction Printables
- Red White and Blue Science Experiments – simple chemical reaction that will make kids say WOW!
- Easy American Flag Craft for Kids
- In Washington D.C. (our nation’s capital), fireworks light up the sky on Presidents Day to celebrate. Make your own Firework Craft for a truly beautiful and unique art project.
- George Washington Craft – super cute paper plate presidents day craft
- Presidents Day Spelling activity
- Abraham Lincoln Craft and writing project
- February Writing Prompts Kindergarten – prompts, clipart to color, and tracing lines for early writers
- Lots of fun Presidents Day for Kids ideas!
United States Lesson for Kids
Help children learn about the great country of the United States with these free printables and resources:
- Free Presidents of the United States for Kids
- Printable USA Presidents Coloring Pages
- USA For Kids Printable Book
- Voting for Kids – How Americans elect a new president
- Free Presidents Worksheets – Learn about all the American presidents
- Painters Tape American Flag Craft
- US State Symbols Mats
- American Revolution for Kids
- Printable Maps for Kids
- American Symbols Worksheets
- Fireworks Patriotic Craft
- 50 States Worksheets
- Super CUTE, Free State Coloring Pages
- Native Americans for Kids – explore various tribes as you create free printable book, make PVC tent, totem poles, Indian fry bread, husk dolls, recreate an archeological dig with arrow heads, and more!
- Colonial America for Kids takes kids on a journey back to the first settlers in America – eat Gruel, make a Wattle & Daub house, create a tin lantern, write with a quill, make simple Johnny Cakes, make you own marbles, create traditional silhouette art projects, and more.
American Revolution for Kids. In 4 units your students will learn what events lead up to the American Revolution and famous figures will making dragon pistols, roll their own cartridges, working spy cipher, cold feet activity.
- What was the Westward Expanion? History comes alive as they learn about the Oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, and more with printables and activities like making a covered wagon, homemade crackers, how to square dance, pan for gold, and make a railroad project.
- Civil War for Kids We have recommendations for mapping and visiting famous battle sights nearby, printable civil war board game, make an informative emergent reader, create a flip book or people students should know, and complete some free printable Civil War worksheets.
Free printable presidents day worksheets
This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!