Help kids practice fractions with this fun, easy-to-set-up fraction game! This fraction connect four is a fun way for 3rd grade and 4th graders to learn fractions. Simply print the fraction games and you are ready to play and learn.
Fraction Connect Four
Kids need lots of practice to gain math fluency! Did you play connect for as a child or with your own children? It is a fun, quick game that kids can have fun, healthy competition. This printable version is a Fractions Connect Four Game that older children will love playing. Learning fractions is an important math tool. Fractions are an important part of math. They are the foundation for learning a variety of more advance math techniques. In elementary school, fractions are typically a child’s first taste of abstraction inside math. This is also a great introduction to algebra that they will continue to learn in the future.
All you have to do to prep this activity is to print the connect four mat as well as the number cards.
Separate the number cards by cutting them apart. Next, place the cards face down. You can laminate the game board so that it can be used over and over. This is also helpful for being able to use dry erase markers to mark off the spots. If you don’t want to laminate or don’t have dry erase markers, you can use two different colored pom poms, buttons or playdough balls.
Fraction games for kids
The first person to play will pick a card. They will find that fraction on the board and mark it with their marker.
The next person takes their turn, following the same process. Pick a card, mark off that fraction and then it is the next person’s turn.
The first person to fill four in a row, wins. These four in a row can be across, up and down or diagonal.
This game will not necessarily help children learn how to use fractions, but they will practice being able to identify what the fractions look like.
This is a fun way to help children learn the basics and gain a foundation for fractions in a fun and engaging way.
Kids are going to LOVE practicing math!
Looking for more fun fraction games for kids? You will love these free printable fraction printables for kids of all ages.
- No-Prep, Free Printable Fraction Games
- Super cute Pizza Fraction Games
- Earth Day Fraction Pack
- Hands on Easter Fractions Activity
- Printable Fraction Games
- Connect 4 Fractions Game
- Teaching Fractions with Lego
- Back to School Fraction Activity
- Free Printable, Colorful Fraction Bingo
- Pizza Fraction BINGO
- Fraction Flower Puzzle & Worksheets
- Build an Ocean Scene Fraction Activity
- Pirate Reducing Fraction Game for Kids
- 30+ FUN and FREE Fraction Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages!
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!