The start-up of school is a super fun time, but can be very overwhelming for little ones. They are experiencing new things with new people that can be really hard for them to accept and understand. Fun activities, with a back to school theme, can help them calm down and not be so nervous. This Back To School Color by Number activity is a perfect way to help children get through the new changes in an engaging way! These first day of school coloring pages help toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children work on number recognition of numbers 1-6. Simply print back to school worksheets for preschoolers and you are ready to play and learn!
Back to School Color by Number
Coloring is a simple activity, one that young kids tend to enjoy, but also has fabulous benefits. Coloring is a fabulous sensory activity. This aspect helps children calm down, focus and helps reduce anxiety symptoms. Coloring also helps children with coloring recognition. Whether children are using colored pencils or crayons, they will be exploring the various colors and can learn to identify them. These back to school coloring pages allow children to have fun colouring while working on recognizing numbres one, two, three, four, five, and six.
Back to School Coloring Pages
Back to School Worksheets
This particular back to school activity also helps children learn not only to recognize numbers but also other number sense aspects. There are two different images but each one is different. One set has the numbers 1-6 on it and the other has dice representing the numbers 1-6. The two sets of pictures each include different sets of school supplies that include crayons, scissors, pencil, star and ruler.
The key is made up of crayons that show either the number or dice as well as the color word that is matched to that number.
First Day of School Coloring Pages
For younger children, start by coloring in the key. Color each crayon the color that is listed on the crayon. Older children can do this part themselves.
Children will identify the color and color word, then identify the number or number symbol that is assigned to that color. Once this is done, children will go up to the picture and find either the number or the dice and color that section the assigned color.
This can be done one of two ways. The whole section can be colored that color or just the parts of the school supplies that are relevant.
This activity is great for children in preschool through elementary school. They will have fun, while calming down about back to school and enjoying their first day!
First Day of School Printables
Get ready for the first day of school with your 1st day signs, a fun game, 1st day of school craft, and these cute coloring pages!
- First Day of School Signs
- Free Printable First Day of Preschool Sign
- Back to School BINGO
- Celebrate by making a cute, free printable First Day of School Preschool Craft
- First Day of School Hat Craft for Kindergartners
- Printable Back to School Coloring Pages
Back to School Printables
We have lots of other fun, clever back to school worksheets to help kids get excited about going back to school! Check out these free resources:
- School Supplies tracing lines worksheets for 3 year olds
- Back to School Lego Challenge First Week of School Activities
- Super Cute and Easy Pencil Craft
- Crack the Code Back to School Worksheets – addition and subtraction
- Pencil themed Fraction Puzzles
- Work on phonics and literacy with these adorable Crayon Box CVC Words Activity
- Free Hand Washing Printables
- Lots of clever Back to School Crafts or these Back to School Crafts ideas
- Back to School Pencil Punctuation Activities
- Glue Stick rhyming activities
Back to School Activities
- School Bus Beginning Sounds First Day of School Activities
- Color by Hundreds Chart Back to School Worksheets
- Sticky Number Bonds Worksheets
- School Bus Letter Matching Game
- Glue Stick Number Bonds Worksheets
- What Comes Next Back to School Math
- Back to School Activity with Crayon Box Letter Matching Puzzles
First Day of School Printables
- Cute Crayon Box Craft to work on learning colors
- Back to School themed Number Matching Activity
- I Spy Colors Crayon Worksheet
- First Day Back to School Notes for Kids
- Back to School Theme Preschool
- School Bus Letter Matching Puzzles – First Day of School Activities
- Free Back to School Worksheets Preschool
- I Spy Back to School Worksheets
- School Supplies Tracing Worksheet
- Back to School Color by Number Worksheets
- Cute Back to School Activity Count to 20 Clip Cards
- Pencil themed Counting Puzzles for Preschoolers
- Printable Back to School ABC Games
- Back to School Preschool Number Worksheets 1-10
- Playdough Counting Mat Bus Activities for Preschoolers
- Back to School Printables Bundle
First Day of School Activities
- All About Me Graphic Organizer for the 1st day of school
- Lego All About Me Worksheet
- All About Me Worksheet
- Watermelon All About Me Poster
- Clever All About Me Puzzle
- All About Me Poster Pennants
Back to school worksheets for preschoolers
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.