We are always looking for fun-to-make, unique crafts for kids.
This craft fit that perfectly!
These "glass" looking creations are super fun to make. The vibrant colors and seamless texture make it a fun kids activities for kids of all ages.
The possibilities are endless with this pony bead craft.
Melted Pony Bead Craft for Kids
You will need muffin tins [they will NOT get ruined] and pony beads, any kind. The translucent pony beads will work better for a sun catchers, but the neon pony beads are more dramatic. So depending if you want a sculpture, a sun catcher, or a mobile you decide how see through you want them to be.
No fill your containers. We made some mini muffin tin, regular muffin size, and mini loaf pans. We wanted a variety of shapes.
You can put them in a design or randomly. They will both be beautiful.
Cook at 400 F for about 30 minutes. Cool, right?
After they have cooled completely they will slide right out [no greasing your sheet!]
You can even make letters! What a fun way to learn about alphabet letters or learn to spell your name!
The kids were super impressed with how cool they looked. They melted perfectly and became a sheet of solid, beautiful plastic.
What to do with your pony bead creation:
- Use it as a coaster
- attach a suction cup and attach to a window
- hang it on the wall as decoration
- make the letters of your name
- drill a hole and make a mobile
- drill holes and use wire to make a sculpture
- unique mothers day craft
Summer Activities for Kids
- Pop Rock Science Activity for Kids
- Make Homemade Chalk [which leaves WAY less residue on hands]
- Edible Ice Cream Cone Art
- Printable Summer Activity Calendars
- Squirt Gun Painting
- Make your own Fudgesicles Recipe
- Soaker Balls Water Activity for Kids
- Super Cool Kid Made Lava Lamp