Our family loves everything Disney. One of our favorite things to do as a family is our Family Fun Night. This week......Disney’s Aladdin.
Aladdin Family Fun Night Activities
Aladdin Sand Art Craft for FamiliesOur first activity was to make sand art paintings. We ended up using these small glitter (sparkly sand) containers as we had them on hand. They worked great and the picture turned out super cute.
Use liquid glue to make one part of your picture. See the lamp above?
HINT: Complete one color completely at a time before doing the next color to avoid crossing the colors.
Next shake your sand (or glitter) on the glue to completely cover the glue. Then shake off over a garbage can to remove excess sand / glitter.
Repeat with any other colors you’d like to include. Here is our completed Genie & the Lamp sand art picture. The magic carpet would be another fun, easy to make sand picture.
Aladdin Hat Craft for Kids
These simple to make Fez hat uses just a cup (with holes punched in the side) and yarn laced through the holes and tied onto your head.
Magic Carpet Rides for Aladdin Family Fun NightOne of the kids’ favorite part was the magic carpet rides Mommy & Daddy gave them. We had them sit on a large sturdy blanket. We each grabbed two ends and raised them up to fly on the magic carpet. They got to fly around the house before landing back in Agrabah.
HINT: If you don’t have another adult available, or Mom isn’t able to raise up the kids, you could always have the kids sit on the blanket and have one person pull them on the floor around the house. OR you could have your kids give magic carpet rides to their favorite dolls or stuffed animals.
Aladdin Family Fun Night Food
Moroccan Shish KabobsFor our Aladdin Family Fun Night we had to have some Moroccan themed food! We had couscous (you can buy at Target or local grocery store), Beef & Pepper Shish kabobs, and homemade pita bread.
Abu CupcakesFor dessert, the kids & I whipped up a batch of chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting. We used Vanilla Wafers, edible Google Eyes (you can find at Target), and licorice hat to make Abu Cupcakes.
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Clipart Purchased and used with permission from: ClipArtopia
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
- This is not a licensed Disney product. I am not affiliated with or sponsored by Disney Enterprises.
>> Download Aladdin Tickets <<
Watching Disney’s Aladdin Movie for Family Fun Night
More Disney Fun for Families
- Ultimate Guide to Disney World for families
- Incredibles Family Fun Night
- Disney World Placemat Activity for Kids
- Disney Princess Worksheets for Kids (3-8 years old)
- Hidden Mickey Inspired Pointillism Painting for Kids
- FREE Disney Stroller Labels