Looking for a fun way to connect and create memories with your family. Have a Disney Family Fun night. Our pick for this Friday’s Family Movie night – The Incredibles. Join us for some disney inspired activities, games and menu items to round out your evening!
Family Activities at Home
We’ve started a new tradition at our house – Disney Family Fun Night!
We’ve always been big on having quality family time, but we decided to draw on our love of all things Disney and make some really fun memorable times together. We do Family Fun Night weekly, but once a month it will be Disney Family Fun Night!
I put tickets on their breakfast plates – they were so excited and couldn’t wait to find out what it was all about!
Disney Movie Night
Tonights pick is Disney’s super hero movie The Incredibles or Incredibles 2 if you prefer. Kids love that this animated family movie has characters that appeal to both young kids, teens, boys, and girls – and all in a family friendly movie! So before we turn out the lights and snuggle up on the couch, we started our friday (or Saturday) night activities like this:
Family Fun Night
We became Superheroes! Everyone created their own or picked out a costume from our dress up clothes. Once they had a their super hero look they shared their superhero name, and super power. The kids LOVED this part!
You could always have kids write down their super hero name and power, put them all in a hat, and see if your family members can guess who is who!
The movie is filled with the following super heroes (just in case you are unfamiliar)
- Mr. Incredible – super strong
- Elastigirl (or Mrs. Incredible) can stretch really far… arms, legs – you name it
- Dash – can run really fast
- Violet – can render herself invisible or generate force fields
- Jack Jack – shape-shifting, but he also has a large number of other powers
- Frozone – ice powers
Even our youngest (Bee Baby who can sting those who bother her) loved dressing up and getting flown around.
I created this main dish pie for our disney activity not so much because the food itself reminded me of the movie, but because I could make the really cool “i” very prominent. It looked super cool and tasted out-of-this-world delicious. This mexi inspired dish is a satisfying comfort food for sure. It has a cornmeal (think polenta) crust with ground beef seasoned with chili topping. It is a yummy, hardy, hit-the-spot kind of meal.
Brown 1 pound ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. We use grass fed and finished beef.
Add 1 large diced onion and 1 and a 1/2 cup diced tomatoes to the browned ground beef. Continue cooking over medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
Add the following seasoning to the ground beef mixture: 2 tablespoons chili powder and 1 teas salt. Simmer 10 minutes to blend flavor.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 F and mix together the “crust” in a bowl:
- 1 and 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon melted butter (we use organic salted)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Press the cornmeal mixture into the bottom of an ungreased pie plate.
Spoon the meat mixture evenly over your cornmeal crust. Add remaining shredded cheddar cheese and sliced black olives to make the Incredibles “i” logo.
Cook in preheated 400 F oven for 20-25 minutes. Serve warm! Yummy.
Cut apart the tickets to give to your children in the morning to add to the anticipation. (This is loads of fun for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, first graders, 2nd graders, 3rd graders, and elementary age kids). I laminated the placemats so that my kiddos could use them over and over again with dry erase markers or dry erase crayons! Kids of all ages will love these free activity sheets!
Disney Movie Night
The placemats included a variety of activities. There are 3 placemats you can make (front and back) or 6 individual pages. There is a sheet for Toddler-Preschool, K-2nd grade, and 3rd-6th grade including:
- Trace the word “The Incredibles”
- Fid the things that are red
- Complete the maze
- Play tic tac toe with a brother, sister, mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, uncle, or aunt
- Which Jack Jack is different?
- Violet Letter Recognition
- Syndrome Dot to Dot from 1-20
- How many words can you think of that start with the letter i
- Circle pictures that start with an “i” (phonemic awareness)
- Incredibles Word Search
- Incredibles Coloring Page
- Look at all the red things
- Trace the shapes: circle, triangle, heart, square, rectangle
Incredible Family Costumes
It may not have been “part” of Family Fun Night…. but our family dressed up as The Incredibles for the Halloween Party at Disneyland. We got our matching t-shirts here. You can see my review of the amazing Disneyland Halloween Party here.
Family Fun Night
Looking for more ideas for family fun night including activites, games, recipes, and printables? You will love these ideas:
- Aladdin Movie Night – Abu cupcakes, magic carpet rides, genie artwork, and more!
- Jake and the Neverland Pirates Movie Night – treasure map pizza, duplo, and more
- Monsters Inc Movie Night – Mike pesto pizza, monster playdough, and more!
- Lady and the Tramp Movie Night – spaghetti & meatballs, dog catcher game, pasta plate craft, and more!
Plus don’t miss our fun Disney themed worksheets to make learning math and literacy fun for toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, grade 1, and grade 2 students.
- Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Disney Cars Reward Chart
- Princess Themed Worksheets
- Spelling Tests inspired by Disney
- Rapunzel Worksheets for Kids
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition
- Frozen Worksheets for Kids
- Printable Princess Calendar
- Disney Princess Addition Flashcards
- Beauty and the Beast Color by Number Worksheets
- Princess Sight Word Readers
- Little Mermaid Color by Sight Words
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Clipart Purchased and used with permission from: ClipArtopia
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
- This is not a licensed Disney product. I am not affiliated with or sponsored by Disney Enterprises.