When it was time for my daughter’s 6 year old birthday party this year there it was an easy decision – she loves Disney’s Frozen! Come take a peak at our Frozen Birthday Party with a Anna and Elsa cakes, Disney Frozen inspired no sew costume, Frozen party decorations, Frozen party games, and a really fun Olaf inspired lunch!
Frozen Party Games
There are a lot of Disney parties in our house. What can I say, we are a Disney loving family! This Frozen Party Theme is super cute and such a fun winter themed birthday party for kids of all ages. We included easy to make frozen decorations, a fun snowman lunch, gift ideas, and of course lots of frozen party games. Since my birthday girl is a fan of Queen Elsa and Princess Anna we knew they had to be central to our theme. We made snow and pretty lights everywhere to bring Arendelle to life! And what would a party be without the loveable snowman Olaf! If you have a birthday boy you could incorporate the trolls, ice selling Kristoff and the lovable reindeer Sven!
Frozen Party Decorations
Our party area was filled with white icicle lights on the ceiling and lots of white paper snowflakes we made. It was really beautiful!
The table was covered with a a white table cloth, light blue paper plates and straw. The plates were topped with a darker blue napkin and a small snowflake.
The simple, DIY Frozen centerpiece for the middle of the table and the front of the Ana and Elsa cakes were made from clearance Christmas items from Joann Fabrics. It consisted of white garland and blue sparkly leaves. We also found the blue “frozen” looking leaves on our bookshelf & gift table along with some sparkly blue tulle material from Joann Fabrics.
Each child a blue plate with 3 balls of mashed potatoes. Then the kids picked accessories for their snowman from our veggie ray
We choose a simple, inexpensive, and fun Frozen themed lunch for our birthday party. Our Olaf Inspired lunch consisted of a make-your-own Mashed Potato Snowman!
The kids had a lot of fun creating their snowmen. Plus it made for an inexpensive and healthy lunch too! The “stick” arms are slices of sausage links.
Here is one of the snowman creations the kids came up with. There was a lot of variety! And the kids gobbled up their lunch!
Frozen Birthday Party Games
We decided to keep it simple. There were 9 kids from 3-8 years old at our party. Here are the fun, DIY Frozen games we played. In addition, we had some fun freeze dance using music from Disney’s Frozen.
Pin the Nose on Olaf
I made an Olaf out of white construction paper, a sharpie, grey colored pencil, and brown pipe cleaners. Then I made orange noses out of craft foam for the kids to put on Olaf.
Take Home Sock Snowman Craft
These were a great party favor for the kids and perfect for our winter snowman birthday party. I got inexpensive tube sock at Wal-Mart, buttons & top hats & large google eyes at Joann Fabrics, pieces of felt for scarves, pipe cleaners for arms, rubber bands to make segments, and stuffing to fill them up. (This was an idea from or S is for Snowman Week)
I used the Wilton doll cake pan, but wanted the face and hair to look more like Elsa & Anna. My daughter had 16” Anna & Elsa dolls that we put in a piping bag and secured at the top with a rubber band. Then I inserted the doll into the cooled cake and just iced the cake around her. This made the cakes look really realistic!
You will need 1.5 cake recipes to completely fill the pan to give it the height you’ll need to “burry” the dolls in the cake.
I used one homemade buttercream frosting recipe to decorate both cakes. For the cakes, I tinted 2/5ths with Wilton Turquoise food Gel for Elsa and another 2/5ths Wilton Royal Blue + Purple to get Anna’s dress color. Keep some frosting to tint for a piping bag to make the leaf and flower embellishments on Anna’s dress.
Then I made 1/2 homemade marshmallow fondant recipe to make:
- Anna’s purple cloak (made it in 2 parts a straight one from shoulders to mid skirt and a wide oval to go on top of the straight one for the cloak)
- Elsa’s sparkly white cape (which I rolled out in edible glitter to give it the perfect amount of sparkle!)
- Olaf (I used toothpicks to attach the arms)
Disney Frozen No Sew Elsa Costume for Kids
Don’t miss my tutorial with how to make a No Sew Elsa Costume for Kids! It is simple, inexpensive, and a priceless gift for your little princess!
Frozen birthday gifts
You can make your sweetie an easy, no sew Elsa costume which. Some other fun ideas of super cute frozen birthday gift ideas, check out these fun gift ideas for kids:
Make your child birthday (or half birthday) extra special with one of these:
- Free Printable Birthday Hats
- Let everyone give the birthday child a card with our free Printable Birthday Cards
- Ready to plan an epic birthday party your child will remember for a lifetime —> take a peak at our 20+ Birthday Party Ideas. From super hero, pirates, monsters inc, tinkerbell, pets, and more we have ideas for games, DIY decorations, cake decorating, and more! Looking for a fun way to practice counting and writing numbers; your child will love these Free birthday cake printable playdough mats
- 20+ Ways for How to Make a Birthday Special
Birthday Party Themes
- Despicable Me Party
- Dog Birthday Party
- Doc McStuffin Party
- Farm Birthday Party
- Fish Birthday Party
- Frozen Birthday Party
- Monsters Inc Party
- Pirate Party
- Princess Party
- Star Wars Birthday Party
- Science Party
- Tangled Birthday Party
- Tinker Bell Birthday Party
Looking for more great content? We have over 1 million free printable worksheets conveniently arranged by subject or grade: super cute Pre k Worksheets, fun kindergarten worksheets, free 1st grade worksheets, handy 2nd grade worksheets, printable 3rd grade worksheets, and 4th grade worksheets
- Help kids learn their ABCs and work on letter recognition with these super cute A to Z Worksheet pages
- Over 2000 pages of free alphabet printables to find exactly what you are looking for!
- Huge pack of solar system worksheets
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Simple machines for kids projects, lesson plans, printables, and more!
- FREE Maps for kids including printable world map for kids, continent maps, and country maps too
- Handy Sight Words Printable list plus lots of sight word games, activities, and worksheets too!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- We also have reading list like this 1st grade reading books pdf to help you pick engaging books for kids!
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- Make learning fun with these free cut and paste worksheets
- Plus don’t miss this outrageously fun Human Body Project
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Teach kids to tell time with this huge pack of printable time puzzles
Plus don’t miss these popular posts from our sister sites:
- Shaped Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Lots of cute, themed Free Kindergarten Worksheets
- Bingo Dauber Printables
- Printable Lowercase letter alphabet crafts
- Printable Uppercase alphabet Letter Crafts
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Letter Recognition Worksheets with do a do markers
- Lots of free ABC Printables for preschoolers
- Free Playdough Mats to work on shapes, numbers, colors, alphabet letters, and more!
- Uppercase Letter Tracing with animal alphabet mats
- Free Color Worksheets
- Simple, free alphabet worksheets