These homophone puzzles are such a fun, free printable activity to help first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade students learn about homophones with a fun back to school themed activity.
Homophones are two words that are pronounced the same, but have different spellings and meanings. For example aunt and ant are pronounced the same, but one means a relative and the other is a tiny insect. Another example is ate and eight; one means to consume food and the other is a number. Kids will have fun practicing identifying homophones with these homophone puzzles. This educational activity is perfect for grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this handy activity that will make learning fun with a theme that works for back to school any time of the year.
Homophone Games Printable
Simply print the homophone printable in color on cardstock. Then cut out each individual yellow pencil puzzle and then cut along the lines in the middle to make these printable homophone puzzles.
Homophones for Kids
Looking for more fun, free homophone activities for kids? You will love these fun ideas:
Back to School Printables
Looking for more FREE back to school printables for kids? Take a peak at these:
Older kids will have fun learning about fractions with these FREE Back to School Fraction Printables. Learn about your kids interests in these fun Free Lego All About Worksheets perfect for the first day of School. Finally, back to school wouldn’t be complete without a picture with one of these FREE First Day of School Signs for Prek-12th Grade
- Back to School Pencil Craft
- Free Back to School Sudoku Puzzles
- Apple Life Cycle Printables
- Apple Paper Plate Coffee Filter Craft
- ABC Apple Craft
- How to Homeschool for Free
- Back to School I Spy Worksheets (freebie)
- FREE Back to School Coloring Pages
- Back to School Phonics Buses (freebie)
- ABC Matching Game for Back to School (freebie)
- Back to School Rhyming Activity (freebie)
- Hundreds Chart Coloring Pages – Back to School(freebie)
Download Back to School Homophone Puzzles
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!