Make practicing counting money and learning coin values with this free Printable Money Games. These coin value puzzles are a fun, hands-on math activity for kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students.
Learning the value of American money, US coins, and United States currency is an important math concept for kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students. The best way to keep engaged and retain the information they’ve learned is with a fun learning activity. These Printable Money Games are such a cool math game to make practicing counting money fun.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this handy math activity for learning money. Use this at a math center in your classroom, as extra practice or summer learning as you school at home, or as a supplement to your homeschool math curriculum.
Free the Coin Puzzle
Here is anther great coin counting activity for you. Last month, I shared the coin counting clip cards. Now we are moving on to finding two sets of coins that equal the same amount. This is such an important life skill! Understanding that two different sets of coins can equal the same amount is an essential skill for shopping (provided you still use cash!) These Free Money Counting Puzzles will help your kids with this vital skill!
Free Printable Money Games
To use: Have the student count out the values of the coins on each puzzle piece and find the puzzle piece with the matching value.
Example: 1 quarter= 2 dimes + 1 nickel
These puzzles also provide opportunities to recognize both sides of each coin. Students will match the heads and the tails side of each coin.
For the groups of coins it may help to write out the values of each coin in the form of an addition problem for students who are not ready to do the skip counting in their head. Remember to have the child count the largest coins first and work through to the smallest coins. (Quarters, dimes, nickels, then pennies.)
To extend the activity you can have the students count out the values using real coins or find an alternative group of coins that would equal the same amount. For another extension, tell your child a money value and have her find 5 different ways to make that value.
Looking for more fun, free printable Counting Money Worksheets and games to make practicing counting American money.
- Color by Coin Worksheet
- Money Booklet for learning about American money
- Hungry Caterpillars Counting Money Game
- Mini Golf Money Practice
- Counting Coins Games Clip Cards
- 25 Fun Money Games
- Coin Puzzles – Printable Money Games
- Carnival Subtracting Money Games
- Robot Counting Money Practice
- 25 Money Math Games
- Grocery Store Money Task Cards
- Parts of a Dollar flip Book
- Bankable Counting Money Activities
- Cut and Paste Money Worksheets
- See all of our many Money for Kids activities for young learners
Don’t miss all our amazing grade 1 worksheets and first grade activities with 300,000+ different ideas to make learning FUN! Or sneak in some seasonal kids activities to make the most of these precious early years!
- Free Printable Worksheets – over 1 million free worksheets by subject or grade!
- Simple Machines for Kids
- Free Alphabet Printables
- LOTS of Free 1st Grade Worksheets
- Free Cut and Paste Worksheets
- 1st Grade Reading Books with printable book list!
- Pre k Worksheets – 5000+ pages of super cute themed worksheets
- Solar System Project Ideas for Kids
- Tons of CVC Activities kids will love
- Free Alphabet Book Printable
- 100 Food Experiments for Kids
- Solar System Worksheets
- Free Kindergarten Worksheets
- Book Report Template
- Music Note Flashcards
- Homemade Bubble Solution
- Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Printable World Map for Kids
Puzzles for Money
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
>> Download Coin Puzzles <<