Celebrate the first day of school with a fun back to school activity! These craft the code worksheets are a fun, hands-on pre-k first grade, and kindergarten math activity! These back to school worksheets make practicing addition and subtraction within 20! Simply print the first day of school worksheets to ease into learning while having fun with a super cute, FREE printable first day of school activity.
Crack the Code Worksheet
Practice makes perfect! These free math worksheets help kids get excited about practicing addition and subtraction within 20 by turning the equations into a puzzle for kids to decipher. Students will become detectives to figure out what the equation is before they can solve the equation. Plus these crack the code worksheets are covered with school themed clipart to keep them engaged with a first day of school activity. These back to school worksheets are perfect for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students. Whether you are a parent, teahcer, or homeschooler -these first day of school worksheets are sure to come in handy. Plus you will love that the answer key is included so you can quickly check your child’s answers!
Back to school worksheets
First Day of School Worksheets
Print the pages and set out with a pencil, crayon, markers, or colored pencil and you are ready to practice addition.
HINT: The pages are in black and white to save you on printer ink costs!
FREE Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these clever, printable math sheets to ease back into learning. These worksheets are perfect for a 1st day of school theme, end of summer learning, math centers, and so much more! So grab your sleuth hat, magnifying glass, and writing utensil and you are ready to solve the clues as you become a math detective!
Kindergartners and grade 1 students will fill in the equation by looking at the school supply item and writing down the number it represents in the code above. Then they will solve the code by solving the addition problem they made.
The Math Worksheets for Kindergartners include images of common school supplies such as scissors, crayons, glue, staplers, tape, books, pencil sharpener, pencil, paper clips, and an eraser. Besides being great activity for math practice, it is also great for helping to strengthen hand muscles so children are ready for additional writing. So make sure you encourage students to color in the pictures along the way. Each page has 9 math equations for kids to solve!
First Day of School Printables
Get ready for the first day of school with your 1st day signs, a fun game, 1st day of school craft, and these cute coloring pages!
- First Day of School Signs
- Free Printable First Day of Preschool Sign
- Back to School BINGO
- Celebrate by making a cute, free printable First Day of School Preschool Craft
- First Day of School Hat Craft for Kindergartners
- Printable Back to School Coloring Pages
Back to School Printables
We have lots of other fun, clever back to school worksheets to help kids get excited about going back to school! Check out these free resources:
- School Supplies tracing lines worksheets for 3 year olds
- Back to School Lego Challenge First Week of School Activities
- Super Cute and Easy Pencil Craft
- Crack the Code Back to School Worksheets – addition and subtraction
- Pencil themed Fraction Puzzles
- Work on phonics and literacy with these adorable Crayon Box CVC Words Activity
- Free Hand Washing Printables
- Lots of clever Back to School Crafts or these Back to School Crafts ideas
- Back to School Pencil Punctuation Activities
- Glue Stick rhyming activities
First Day of school activity
- School Bus Beginning Sounds First Day of School Activities
- Color by Hundreds Chart Back to School Worksheets
- Sticky Number Bonds Worksheets
- School Bus Letter Matching Game
- Glue Stick Number Bonds Worksheets
- What Comes Next Back to School Math
- Back to School Activity with Crayon Box Letter Matching Puzzles
Back to School Activity
- Cute Crayon Box Craft to work on learning colors
- Back to School themed Number Matching Activity
- I Spy Colors Crayon Worksheet
- Back to School Theme Preschool
- School Bus Letter Matching Puzzles – First Day of School Activities
- Free Back to School Worksheets Preschool
- I Spy Back to School Worksheets
- School Supplies Tracing Worksheet
- Back to School Color by Number Worksheets
- Cute Back to School Activity Count to 20 Clip Cards
- Pencil themed Counting Puzzles for Preschoolers
- Printable Back to School ABC Games
- Back to School Preschool Number Worksheets 1-10
- Playdough Counting Mat Bus Activities for Preschoolers
- Back to School Printables Bundle
First Week of School Activity
- All About Me Graphic Organizer for the 1st day of school
- Lego All About Me Worksheet
- All About Me Worksheet
- Watermelon All About Me Poster
- Clever All About Me Puzzle
- All About Me Poster Pennants
Back to School Math Worksheets
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
Hello Beth, Thank you very much for all the free printables that you generously share with us, I really love them.
thank you for sharing.