Farm Birthday Party Cake
I made the Farm Birthday party Cake from scratch. I made our favorite chocolate cake recipe, frosted with my homemade Buttercream frosting, and decorated it with Marshmallow Fondant. All the animals, hay bales, pig, etc. are all hand formed from the marshmallow fondant.
Since her party was in the fall, I decorated the back to look like fall. Here is a closer look at the back of the farm birthday cake.
Farm Party Decorations
Barn & Silo
HayYep, we bought a bale of hay from our local feed store for $6. It fit 3-4 kids on it and made a great backdrop.
Note: If you guests are allergic to hay, this may not be a good idea.
Pig balloonsWe made pigs out of pig balloons. I cut a kidney shape nose and added 2 black circle snouts and taped it onto the balloon. I used a sharpie to make two eyes. Finally, I taped two triangle ears that I folded along the bottom to make them stand up. I put the balloon “tail” in the back to be the pig tail.
We put the pigs in their own pen by standing up some short fence we had in our storage shed. It made the cutest pig pen for our party.
DIY SheepI cut out the sheep body out of a cardboard box. Then I sprayed glue on the body and added Morning Glory Fluster Stuff 10oz Cluster Fiber (used to stuff craft stuff) to it. The texture looked just like a sheep!
I taped on a black balloon for the sheep’s head. Then I glued on construction paper eyes, ears, and mouth. Finally I taped black legs onto the bottom of the sheep. He was an adorable sheep!
Milking Cow DecorationOur working, milking cow decoration was a cinch to make. We started out with saw horses. Then I slid a flattened box over the top to give it a more boxy shape. We threw a cow print plastic table cloth over the top. We attached a black balloon with a cow hat on top to the front to give him his head. (More on how we made the cow udders to milk under games below).
ChickenStuffed Safari. The "Aurora” brand stuffed animals are the most realistic, soft, and durable stuffed animals we have found. I highly recommend them.
HorseWe bought a stick horse for our daughter and used it as a backdrop at the party too. I’m told that sometimes the dollar store has these for $1 That would be a great party favor, but they weren’t available at the time we planned our party.
Farm Birthday Party Food
For our farm party we had some fun animal themed farm food served on red & burlap tablecloth.
- Round up the Pigs! – The pigs all got loose from the pig pen. The kids had to gather up the pigs and put them back in the pen. There was lots of giggling with this game as our farmer kept helping the pigs escape again.
- Sheer the Sheep – Our little farmers help sheet our sheep by pulling off all their wool and putting it in a burlap sack. The kids really enjoyed this game.
- Gather the Eggs – Our silly chickens were laying eggs all over the house! The kids helped gather up all the (Easter) Eggs and put them in egg cartons. Note: Interesting fact, we own Easter Egger chickens and they really do lay green, blue, and pink eggs!
- Herd your Animals – Each of our little farmers had a party hat that looked like a farm animal. For this games we had placed index cards with stickers of their farm animal on it around the house. Each little farmer had to find their 10 animals to bring back to the barn.
- Milk the Cow – This was so much fun. My husband rigged up a glove under our cow decoration. The kids all got a chance to milk the cow. This was a HUGE hit!
- Sack Races – We didn’t actually play this game as it was a party for 3 year olds, but I wanted to at least mention it for those of you with older kids. This is a great activity and you can get burlap or potato sacks on Amazon or Ebay.
My Pet Balloon
I found these my adorable My Pet Balloons. They are super cute & were a huge hit with my 3 year old. You fill them with helium (which our local party filled for $1.56). Then they “walk” as you pull them along. I think this was one of my daughter’s favorite things!
Additional Farm Fun
- FREE Farm Worksheets
FREE Farm Creative Writing Prompts
- FREE Farm Coloring Sheets
- C is for Cow Preschool Unit
- G is for Goat Preschool Unit
- Nocturnal Farm Animals Games
- 20 Ways to Make Birthdays EXTRA Special
- Rapunzel Tangled Birthday Party
- Fish Birthday Party
- Dog Birthday Party
- Monsters Inc Birthday Party
- Pirate Birthday Party
- Princess Birthday Party