If you are looking for a fun and easy Bible craft to go along with a God loves me sunday school lesson – you will love this fun idea. This lesson goes great with Luke 12:27-31 as a God loves me craft to make with preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders as you talk about how God cares for you een more than the flowers of the field!
God loves me sunday school lesson
In Luke 12:27-31, it says:
Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.
This passage is perfect for a Spring time lesson! After reading the passage, spend some time talking about how beautifully God made the flowers. If possible, have some flowers in a vase to look at or go for a walk outside to search for some. Then, discuss how God put all that attention and care into creating the flowers so beautifully, but he loves YOU even more than the flowers! So then, imagine how much love and attention God puts towards caring for you! We have nothing to fear or worry about because we can know how much God cares for us.
And every time we see a beautiful flower we can be reminded about how much God loves us!
God is love sunday school lesson
To continue to reflect upon the truths found in this passage, try this easy watercolor flower painting!
God loves me craft
- Watercolor paints (any kind will work: tubes, liquid, pans)
- Cotton swabs
- Small rubber bands
- Paper (Watercolor paper is nice, but regular printer paper will work too)
- Water in cups
God loves you craft
The first step is to take a group of cotton swabs and use the rubber band to hold them together. This is what you will use to paint your flowers.
Next, choose the colors you want to use to make your flowers. We picked three colors.
Then, dip the end of the cotton swabs into the paint and dab on the paper to make small groups of flowers. Repeat with additional colors.
Once you’ve finished the flowers, use a paintbrush to paint green stems coming from them. Add leaves if desired.
Next paint in the background. Using a different shade of green, paint in the bottom half of the paper for the grass. It helps if the color is a little lighter/more watered down. Then, paint the top half of the paper blue for the sky.
That’s all! Now you have a beautiful piece of artwork to remind you of the beautiful flowers God made – and how much He loves you too! It would also make a wonderful gift for Mother’s Day!
There you have it – a beautiful flower painting craft for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students perfect for not only a Bible lesson on how much God loves you, but a fun spring flower craft too!
Learn the Books of the Bible
Here are several fun activities we’ve used to help the kids learn the books of the Bible. They are well suited to most kids in elementary school. You may also like or Books of the Bible Snack, Books of the Bible bulletin board, and books of the Bible bookmark.
- Pool Noodle Books of the Bible Games for Kids
- Hopscotch Books of the Bible Games
- 66 Books of the Bible Game for Kids
- Cup Books of the Bile Games
- Leaves Books of the Bible Games
- Learning the books of the bible with Lego
- Discs Books of the Bible Games
- Army of Spoons Books of the Bible Games
- Free Bible Bookcase Printable
Bible Printables for Kids
- Free printable books of the bible bookmarks templates
- Printable Bible Verses (verse cards for kids and families)
- Free Printable Sermon Notes for Kids (works with any sermon)
- Creation BINGO Printable Game
- Printable Jelly Bean Gospel for Kids
- Creation Crafts for Kids
- Free Printable Scripture Cards pdf
- Bible Verse Copywork
- Cain and Abel Craft
- Sin Entered the World Sin Craft for Kids
- Beatitudes Sunday school lesson
- Jesus Feeds the 5000 Craft
- Lost Sheep Craft
- See all our many Free Sunday School Lessons