Compound words encourage children to attempt to read and write more complex words. This free printable Compound Words for Kids activity is a great way to learn and practice compound words. These reading passages with compound words are excellent for kindergarten and first graders who are beginner readers but are keen to tackle a new level. Simply print compound words printable and you are ready to play and learn with the compound words reading passages.
Compound Word for Kids
Teaching about compound words for kids helps younger children understand the idea of breaking words down into smaller parts. It also shows them the magic of putting words and sounds together to create new, more complex words. These free readers are an easy, NO PREP compound words exercises for first grade students. These are super handy for kindergartners and grade 1 students.
Compound Words Printable
Reading passages with compound words
Print these books at the bottom of this post. Print off whichever pages you wish to use onto paper. Follow the instructions in the printable to cut a slit and fold each page into a book.
Your kids can definitely help!
Compound words reading Passages
- Children use the pictures and predictable text to read the books.
- Through this process children learn what a compound word is and how putting 2 words together can create a new word with a completely different meaning.
- There is dotted text on the last page for children to trace each key word.
Compound Word Activities
- Learning Compound Words with Block – a fun compound words activities
- Compound Word Puzzles – print the free set in color or black and white (self-checking)
- Apple Compound Words for kids Worksheets
- Clip it Free Compound Word Cards
- 5 Free Compound Word Activities – including picture cards, worksheets, puzzles, and more!
- Winter Compound Word Activities – free printable set includes compound word worksheets and snowflake puzzles
- Free printable Compound Words for Kids printable readers
Don’t miss all our free printable worksheets for kindergarten and kindergarten activites with 300,000+ different ideas to make learning FUN! Or sneak in some seasonal kids activities to make the most of these precious early years!
Have other children you are homeschooling? You will want to check out our pre k worksheets, first grade worksheets, and free alphabet printables. Plus find our history for kids and easy science experiments for kids or all our free printable worksheets for kids.
Compound Words Readers
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Thank you! God bless you!