Help your student work on identifying complete and imcomplete sentences with a fun, hands-on sorting activity! Use this complete and incomplete sentence examples with kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders for a fun summer theme learning. Simply print the printable sentence activity to play and learn!
Complete and Incomplete Sentences
Want your first grade or kindergarten kiddos to work on their complete and incomplete sentences? Have them do these super fun lemonade sort complete and incomplete sentences activity, which doubles as a craft. These will work well for a back to school review, during grammar centers, or even throughout the year as review or practice. I had my ESL kids in mind when making these – they will work well for them too!
Incomplete sentence examples
- A4 paper
- Dry erase markers
Print as many sets of these strips as you need for each group in your class. These can be worked on during literacy stations and in small groups.
Complete and incomplete sentence examples
There are 12 sentences and blackline versions so you can choose which set you want to print. This printable is so much fun. You can also totally print double pages of the lemonade sentences and have them glue the sentences to sort them.
How to use:
- Have the kids read the sentence carefully (one sentence at a time).
- They will then identify if the sentence is complete or incomplete.
- They will then sort the sentence into the correct lemonade stand under the correct heading.
- Then they will continue to sort until all the sentences are done.
- As an extension activity, I get my students to copy those sentences in their books. This is completely optional but it does help them develop their writing skills too.
These strips can be used as an independent activity too, so just print two pages on one.
This is a great way to help kids practice and develop their grammar skills in a fun and engaging way. Do you ELL kids need more activities? My students always do! It’s essential that we provide them with plenty of ways to practice their grammar skills for improved language development.
Sentence Activities for Kids
- Pizza Parlor Sentence Building Games
- Building pre primer sight word sentences Worksheets or Trace and Write Sentences with primer sight words
- S’mores Complete Sentences Game
- Fun Mystery Code Sentences
- Farm Cut and Paste Sentence Worksheets
- Sentence Scramble Worksheets
- Pencil Puncutation Exercises
- Cars Printable Punctuation Games
- Dinosaur PUnctuation Game
- Halloween Sentences Worksheet
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.