There are so many fun ways to introduce and teach children about money. Here are lots of Fun Money Math Games and money math activities to help kids learn about American money, counting coins, coin differentiation, and more money math skills. These fun money games are a fun math activity for preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students. No matter which math money games you use, these engaging projects are sure to make learning fun!
Money Math Games
A very practical and important math skill preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students need to learn is the value of money, how to add up and subtract money, how to make change, and how to tell coins apart. These fun Money Math Games and money activities are the perfect addition to your math curriculum.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler, you will love these hands on money math activities to learn about money. Use these as extra practice, summer learning, math center in your classroom or a supplement to your homeschooling math curriculum.
Fun Money Games
- Play “Fair or Not Fair?” with your kids – and see if they truly understand the value of money.
- Teach your preschoolers about money by creating a pretend play restaurant.
- Playing a coin toss game with your children is an easy way to introduce them to the names of coins.
- Money doesn’t grow on trees, but in this game, your kids will learn the value of money from one.
- Sorting, matching, and counting coins can be a fun activity with very little prep work on your part!.
- Any divided tray makes a great place for your young child to sort coins. Try a coin sorting activity like this.
- If you don’t have a divided tray, some simple paper plates will do!
- Even then, if you want to try a different method for sorting, a large piece of paper will also help!
- You can stick anything into slime and it is ten times more fun to learn. How about coins?
Math money games
- In this Carnival Subtraction Money Game children pretend to buy tickets to a carnival game or ride when they land on a game board space.
- Let your kids pretend they are buying items at the grocery store with these Grocery Task Cards.
- Does a trip to the donut shop sound like something your kids would enjoy? Then hand them this activity!
- A “Money Math Tray” may be the answer if you need your children to practice adding money.
- Let kids “Fill the Piggy Bank” with a game that lets them add coins to get a specified amount.
- Let kids count and roll their own coins from their piggy banks! Such a simple activity, but the practical value is perfect.
Money math activities
We have so many fun ideas of math games with money to help your elementary age student learn about coins and their value!
- This game lets your children practice money skills while also centered around The Hungry Caterpillar theme.
- Add more to your unit on The Hungry Caterpillar with this printable number counting activity.
- Spelling words have value? Yes, they do! In this activity, it’s fun to see how much your spelling words cost!
- Did you know a little vinegar, salt, and water will make your coins nice and shiny? Try this Science and sensory activity: cleaning coins!
- And while you’re at it, learn a little history too, by discussing the presidents on the coins while you’re polishing them.
- Need an extension idea for physical education? Mini-golf is a sport that everyone loves! Let your child try out their money skills with this printable file folder mini-golf themed game.
Teach money for kids with these hands-on money math game:
- Monopoly is an obvious pick! Let kids practice adding and subtracting large numbers as they collect and spend their bills in this game.
- Counting money and matching the values is easy with these printable money puzzles.
- This pack of printable board games for learning and counting coins is perfect for younger kids who love dot markers.
- This fun money board game teaches kids about personal finance.
Money games for kids
Need even more money games for free and activities? Don’t miss the money game activities listed in this huge roundup as well!
These 25 money games and activities will keep your kids happy and learning for hours. Whether you need to teach money recognition and value, addition and subtraction of money, or integrate money concepts into other subjects, this list should help.
Math games money
Looking for more fun, free printable Counting Money Worksheets and games to make practicing counting American money.
- Color by Coin Worksheet
- Money Booklet for learning about American money
- Hungry Caterpillars Counting Money Game
- Mini Golf Money Practice
- Counting Coins Games Clip Cards
- 25 Fun Money Games
- Coin Puzzles – Printable Money Games
- Carnival Subtracting Money Games
- Robot Counting Money Practice
- 25 Money Math Games
- Grocery Store Money Task Cards
- Parts of a Dollar flip Book
- Bankable Counting Money Activities
- Cut and Paste Money Worksheets
- See all of our many Money for Kids activities for young learners
Don’t miss all our amazing grade 1 worksheets and first grade activities with 300,000+ different ideas to make learning FUN! Or sneak in some seasonal kids activities to make the most of these precious early years!
- Free Printable Worksheets – over 1 million free worksheets by subject or grade!
- Simple Machines for Kids
- Free Alphabet Printables
- LOTS of Free 1st Grade Worksheets
- Free Cut and Paste Worksheets
- 1st Grade Reading Books with printable book list!
- Pre k Worksheets – 5000+ pages of super cute themed worksheets
- Solar System Project Ideas for Kids
- Tons of CVC Activities kids will love
Don’t miss all our free 2nd grade worksheets and our other printable worksheets for prek-12th grade students. We have free printable math worksheets, english worksheets, history for kids, cool science experiments, and even fun activities for kids to go with every season and holiday throughout the year!
Leave a Reply