There are so many fun ways to introduce and teach about money in your homeschool. Here are 25 Fun Money Math Games that your children will enjoy!
Fun Money Math Games
Help kids of all ages learn about coins, their value, counting money, and more with these Fun Money Math Games.
Money Recognition and Value
- Play “Fair or Not Fair?” with your kids – and see if they truly understand the value of money.
- Teach your preschoolers about money by creating a pretend play restaurant.
- Playing a coin toss game with your children is an easy way to introduce them to the names of coins.
- Money doesn’t grow on trees, but in this game, your kids will learn the value of money from one.
- Sorting, matching, and counting coins can be a fun activity with very little prep work on your part!.
- Any divided tray makes a great place for your young child to sort coins. Try a coin sorting activity like this.
- If you don’t have a divided tray, some simple paper plates will do!
- Even then, if you want to try a different method for sorting, a large piece of paper will also help!
- You can stick anything into slime and it is ten times more fun to learn. How about coins?
Money Addition and Subtraction
- In this Carnival Subtraction Money Game children pretend to buy tickets to a carnival game or ride when they land on a game board space.
- Let your kids pretend they are buying items at the grocery store with these Grocery Task Cards.
- Does a trip to the donut shop sound like something your kids would enjoy? Then hand them this activity!
- A “Money Math Tray” may be the answer if you need your children to practice adding money.
- Let kids “Fill the Piggy Bank” with a game that lets them add coins to get a specified amount.
- Let kids count and roll their own coins from their piggy banks! Such a simple activity, but the practical value is perfect.
Integrating Money into Other Subjects
- This game lets your children practice money skills while also centered around The Hungry Caterpillar theme.
- Add more to your unit on The Hungry Caterpillar with this printable number counting activity.
- Spelling words have value? Yes, they do! In this activity, it’s fun to see how much your spelling words cost!
- Did you know a little vinegar, salt, and water will make your coins nice and shiny? Try this Science and sensory activity: cleaning coins!
- And while you’re at it, learn a little history too, by discussing the presidents on the coins while you’re polishing them.
- Need an extension idea for physical education? Mini-golf is a sport that everyone loves! Let your child try out their money skills with this printable file folder mini-golf themed game.
Money Board Games & Puzzles
- Monopoly is an obvious pick! Let kids practice adding and subtracting large numbers as they collect and spend their bills in this game.
- Counting money and matching the values is easy with these printable money puzzles.
- This pack of printable board games for learning and counting coins is perfect for younger kids who love dot markers.
- This fun money board game teaches kids about personal finance.
Need even more money game printables and activities? Don’t miss the money game activities listed in this huge roundup as well!
These 25 money games and activities will keep your kids happy and learning for hours. Whether you need to teach money recognition and value, addition and subtraction of money, or integrate money concepts into other subjects, this list should help.