If your little ones are starting to learn the sounds lettesr make and how to sound out words, this free printable beginning sounds activity is just what you need! grab these free beginning sounds animal clip it cards. Great for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade student with their fine motor skills, too! Simply download pdf file with beginning sound activities for kindergarten and you are ready to play and learn!
Beginning sounds activity
Learning to read starts with understanding that we have an alphabet and that it’s the sounds those letters make that turn sounds into words. One of the first skills a child needs in making this transition is to be able to hear and say the beginning sound of a word. It’s often discovering that they can do this that opens the possibility of reading and writing to young children. So after your child knows letter sounds, practice identifying initial sounds in words with this beginning sounds activity. Children will say the name of the cute animal pictures and try to identifying the beginning sound. This initials sounds activities is perfect for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students.
Beginning sounds picture cards
Beginning sound activities for kindergarten
All you need to try this phonics activity are:
- beginning sound animal picture cards
- Copy paper or card
- Small pegs, paperclips or small objects for marking their choice
Beginning sound picture cards
Print off the beginning sounds pictures clip it cards and cut to separate. Us a laminator them if you’d like them to last longer.
Now, look at the pictures with your child, asking them to name the animals and maybe talk about their sizes, where they like to live, what they like to eat etc…
- Ask them to say the name of the animal out loud and concentrate on the first sound. Can they stretch it out and separate it from the rest of the word? Can they say what letter that sound belongs to?
- Ask them to say the 3 different sounds that are under the picture and decide which one matches the picture.
- Then they can clip a peg to that sound on the initial sounds activities, or slip a paperclip onto it, or pop a small object on top to mark it.
Beginning Sounds PrintableLooking for more fun and free begining sounds printables? You will love these engaging activities that help kids work on phonemic awareness
- Free Beginning Sounds Animal Clip It Cards
- free printable beginning sounds worksheets
- Stamping Beginning Sounds Activity
- Birds on a Branch Alphabet Matching Game
- Beginning Sounds Mitten Match
- Build a Flower Beginning Sounds Activity
- CVC Words Beginning Sounds Clip Cards
- Christmas Tree Beginning Sounds Game
- Super cute, Free Phonics Beginning Sounds Worksheets using Do a Dot Markers
- Adorable Penguin Beginning Sounds Match
- Phonics Buses Beginning Sounds Match
- Clever Letter Sound Matching Game
- Fun Fish Phonics Activities Kindergarten
- Hands-on Beginning Sound Clip Cards
- Pumpkin Phonics Games for Kindergarten
- Ice Cream Beginning Sounds Activity
- Cute Easter Phonics Puzzles
- Printable Kite Phonics Craft
- Free Beginning Sounds Worksheets (write missing letter and cut and paste)
- Clip Cards for working on Initial Sounds Activities
- Free Beginning Sounds Game with magnetic letters
- Free Beginning Sounds Worksheets For Kindergarten and First Grade
Looking for more great content? We have over 1 million free printable worksheets conveniently arranged by subject or grade: super cute Pre k Worksheets, fun kindergarten worksheets, free 1st grade worksheets, handy 2nd grade worksheets, printable 3rd grade worksheets, and 4th grade worksheets
- Help kids learn their ABCs and work on letter recognition with these super cute A to Z Worksheet pages
- Over 2000 pages of free alphabet printables to find exactly what you are looking for!
- Huge pack of solar system worksheets
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Simple machines for kids projects, lesson plans, printables, and more!
- FREE Maps for kids including printable world map for kids, continent maps, and country maps too
- Handy Sight Words Printable list plus lots of sight word games, activities, and worksheets too!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- We also have reading list like this 1st grade reading books pdf to help you pick engaging books for kids!
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- Make learning fun with these free cut and paste worksheets
- Plus don’t miss this outrageously fun Human Body Project
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Teach kids to tell time with this huge pack of printable time puzzles
Picture cards for beginning soundsBefore you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.