We are always looking for fun, engaging ways to help kids learn and explore the world around them. One of the simplest science experiments for kids is using baking soda. There are so many creative baking soda and vinegar experiments to try! Here are over 20 really fun science activities for preschoolers that teach about chemistry with baking soda and vinegar reaction. These baking soda vinegar experiment are fun for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students. We have ideas for every month and season of the year!
Baking Soda and Vinegar Experiments
You’ve probably heard of the classic baking soda and vinegar volcano. But did you know there are hundreds of other baking soda and vinegar experiments for kids to try that will wow and amaze them. These baking soda vinegar experiment are fun for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students as they don’t require any fancy supplies and don’t require toxic chemicals. Instead these baking powder experiments make science fun for kids with creative uses of baking soda and vinegar. From baking soda vinegar balloon, to volcanos, rockets, and more – these baking soda and vinegar science experiment are sure to delight kids of all ages!
Baking Soda Vinegar Experiment
There are so many fun ways to play and teach kids about chemical reactions using a baking soda and vinegar reaction. Here are some of our favorite baking soda and vinegar activities to try any time of the year!
- 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, BLAST OFF! Rocket Baking Soda and Vinegar Experiment
- Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Look Inside a Volcano Experiment for Kids
- Science Play – Dinosaur Activities for Preschoolers
- Glitter Volcano Pretty Science Experiment
- Baking Soda Powered Boats Project
- Dinosaur Baking Soda and Vinegar Experiment
- Fizzing Planets science project for kids
Baking soda and vinegar reaction
Add these super cute and fun winter science activities using baking soda and vinegar reactions to your lesson plan. From melting, errupting, and exploding snowmans to colorful snow volcanos – these are sure to be a hit in January.
- Epic Winter Snow Volcano experiment
- Melting Snowballs Winter Science Experiment
- Exploding Snowman Experiment
- Melting Snowan Winter Science Experiment
- Erupting Snowman Science
- Snow Science Experiments
Baking soda experiment
When looking for ideas for February and March, you will want to try these valentines day science experiments that will make errupting love potions, dancing conversation hearts, and blowing up some valentine messages. Plus we have some fun, engaging St Patrick’s Day ideas too!
- Valentines Day Baking soda and vinegar balloon
- Simple Dancing Hearts Science Experiment
- Valentines Day Science Love Potion
- Leprechaun Rocks St Patricks Day Activities for Preschoolers
- St Patricks Day color mixing science experiments
Baking soda activities for preschoolers
Summer is a great time for some play featuring science. Kids will love learning with various summer themes such as rainbows, beach, watermelon, 4th of July and more! These are perfect for April, May, June, July, and August.
- Dissolving Summer Seashell Science Activities
- Sand Volcano – EASY Summer Beach Activity for kids
- EPIC Watermelon Volcano summer science
- Simple Red White and Blue Science Experiments
- Red White and Blue Science Experiments
- Quick, easy, and pretty lemon volcano project
- Bursting Stars Fourth of July Science Experiments
- Melting Sandcastle Summer Science Experiment
- Rainbow Activities for Preschoolers
Vinegar and baking soda experiments
Back ot school is already a pretty exciting time, but you can add to the excitement in September with these clever science activities for kids! From melting school buses to apple projects and simple-to-make apple volcanos too.
- Fun Back-to-School Science Activities
- Melting Apple Science Experiment
- Volcano Apple Science Experiment
Baking soda activities for toddlers
Whether you want to try some not-to-spooky Halloween science projects like our moving frankenstein’s hands, inflating ghosts or dancing worms or you prefer to stick with pumpkins – we have lots of October science experiments for kids of all ages!
- Melting Pumpkins Science Experiment for Preschoolers
- Exploding Pumpkin Experiment
- Growing Pumpkin Science Experiments
- Errupting Pumpkin Experiments
- Easy Frankenstein’s Hand Experiment
- Not-so-Spooky Ghost Halloween Science Experiments
- Frankenworms Simple Halloween Science Experiment
Baking Soda Experiment
With the holidays around the corner it’s time to add some turkey and corn vinegar and baking soda projects to November. Then try our super cute, FUN Christmas science experiments with vinegar for December.
- Melting Turkey Science Experiment
- Simple Dancing Corn Experiment
- Dancing Candy Canes Science Project
- Fizzy Ornaments Christmas Science Experiments
- Melting Christmas Tree – Christmas science experiments
- Fizzing Gingerbread Science Experiment
Try these super cute, simple science experiments for kids is using baking soda. We have EASY vinegar reaction projects for all year!