Your kids will love celebrating Festival of Sleep Day on January 3rd with these fun pajama day activities for kids of all ages from toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students too. We have lots of fun and easy pyjama day activities to make it a memorable day!
Pajama day activities
Homeschoolers don’t always get pajama days at school, usually because many of us wear pajamas every single day. Still, there is nothing like celebrating the right to wear pajamas, particularly on the Festival of Sleep Day, which comes around every January 3rd. Want to celebrate with some fun pajama day activities? We’ve got you covered with these pajama day activity ideas. When you’re done with your crafts, read sleep and pajama-themed books to round out the day.
Celebrating Festival of Sleep Day might just become your new favorite non-holiday!
Pyjama day activities
- Eat breakfast for every meal.
- Stay in your pajamas all day long.
- Watch educational movies.
- Learn about how much sleep a person needs.
- Discuss what happens if you don’t get enough sleep.
- Talk about the cycles of sleep and why we dream.
PJ day activities
These fun crafts and activities will round out any unit study on sleep.
- Try Pajama Name Matching for the littlest sleepers.
- Even older kids will enjoy Red Pajama Lacing.
- Have a new reader? Try the Pajama Color Word Recognition activity.
- All kids will love making Starry Night Toast.
- Prepare for messy fun with these Tie Dye Pillow Cases.
Pajama day ideas
- Build a Sensory Pillow Mountain for kids not yet in school.
- New readers will love Alphabet Pillow Jumping.
- Older kids will enjoy making these No-Sew Fleece Pillows.
- Catch good dreams with this Dreamcatcher Craft.
- This Night Globe Craft will light up your kids bedrooms for some time to come.
Pajama day activity ideas
We love these books about sleep and pajamas. There is something for kids of all ages here!
- Lama Lama Red Pajama
- Pajama Time
- The Going to Bed Book
- Dr Seuss’s Sleep Book
- The Boy in the Striped Pajamas (for teens)
Snowman Activities for Kids
- S is for Snowman Theme
- Easy Circle Sticker Snowman Craft
- Plastic Cup Snowman Craft
- EASY Glue Snowman Crafts for Preschoolers
- YUM! How to Make Snow Ice Cream with just 2 ingredients!
- 100 Winter Crafts and Activities for Kids
- Making historic SNOW CANDY!
- Squirt Gun Snow Painting
- Snow Dough for Kids
- Amazingly EASY Puffy Snow Paint Recipe
- LOTS of Snowflake Crafts A to Z
- Super Cool Snow Volcano Science Experiment
- Melting Snowman Slime Recipe
- Cute Snow globe Craft for Kids
Looking for snowman worksheets and educational snowman activity ideas? You will love these resources!
- Build-a-Snowman Winter CVC Words Activity
- Snowman Addition Clip Cards
- Snowman Counting Cards
- Free Snowman Worksheet Pack with LOTS of pages
- Winter Counting Worksheets
- Free Winter Writing Prompts PDF
- Multiplication Snowman Activity
- Snowman Printables Winter letter Find
- Snowman Tracing Letters A to Z
- Snowflake Winter Compound Words
- Build a Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Snowman Printables Counting Book
- Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Snowman Word Family Spinners
- Snowman Math Craft for practicing addition and subtraction
- Winter Telling Time Worksheets
- Snowflake Dab the Letter
- Snowman Activities for Preschool – Count to 10
- Cute Snowman Shape Puzzles
- Free Snowman Coloring Pages
We love celebrating fun holidays and fun days throughout the year! We have lots more special days throughout the year with activities to inspire you to create memories with your kids:
- Did you know there is a national Dice Day on December 4th? Try these dice games for kids
- Try these candy cane activities for National Candy Cane Day on December 26th
- After Christmas comes Three Kings Day for Kids on January 6th
- Celebrate Penguin Day on January 20th with these penguin crafts and activities
- Fun crafts and activities to celebrate Chinese New Year for Kids
- Carnival Crafts and Activities for National Carnival Day February 26
- These moon activities for kids will take you out of this world for National Moon Day on July 20th
- National Honey Bee Day is August 17th, celebrate with these bee activities for kids
- Learn about author Roald Dahl on September 13th with these roald dahl craft ideas
- Enjoy National Chocolate Day in Octoboer with these chocolate activities
- Become a super hero on Batman Day this September 15th with batman crafts and activities
- August 3rd is Watermelon Day, celebrate with these watermelon activities
- Sweeten your next July 15th with these gummy worm games for Gummy Worm Day
- Happy Birthday Donald Duck! Join in on the celebration this June 9th with these Donald Duck Day activities
- Head down to Seasame Street for these sesame street crafts for Sesame Street Day on November 10th
- Eat up on October 4th and celebrate Taco Day with these taco crafts
- Kids will love celebrating the largest living land mammal with these elephant activities to celebrate World Elephant Day on August 12th
- Mark your calendar for one of two donut days on June 7th and try these fun donut activities
- Celebrate Eric Carle’s birthday March 2nd with these hungry caterpillar crafts
- We celebrate Dr. Seuss day on his birthday on March 2nd with these fun dr seuss activities
- The 2nd week of mark is Bubble week! Join in on the fun with these bubble activities
- Let’s hear it for National Popcorn Day on January 19th with these poporn crafts
- Stay in your pjs for the Festival of Sleep Day on January 3rd and try one of these pajama day activities
- Grab some candy and try one of these activities for National Candy Day on November 4th.
- Make one of these mad hatter hat ideas to celebrate Mad Hatter Day on Octoboer 6th
- Show your patriotism by celebrating Flag Day on June 14th with one of these flag day activities
- Kids will go nuts over these jelly bean crafts for National Jelly Bean Day on April 22nd.
- Teach kids about our amazing planet on Earth Day this April 22nd with these Earth Day crafts
- Learn about frogs on Save the Frogs Day this April 30th with these frog activities
- May the 4th be with you on Star Wars Day! Try one of these star wars crafts today
- Celebrate Dental Health Month in February with these clever dental crafts
- 20 FUN peanut butter crafts to Celebrate National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day on April 2nd
Thank you for taking the time to compile all these activities to create a memory-filled pajama day. We occasionally enjoy eating breakfast for every meal already, but sadly have never done it in conjunction with a pajama day. No time like the present! Also, we’re looking forward to trying out some of these other ideas. Thanks for the inspiration!