Whether you are looking for a fun DIY Bible review games for Sunday School or your homeschool Bible lesson this fun Punch it game is sure to keep kids engaged and having fun while learning about Bible stories. We used this to review good and bad kings of the Bible. This is such a fun Bible activity for kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students.
Bible Review Games
If you are looking for a quick-to-play Bible Review Game or visual for a Bible story you will love Punch It! game. We used this activity to review the kings of Israel & Judah we had talked about during the year with our 2nd Grade Sunday School Class. As we reviewed 8 of the good and bad kings of the bible we had talked about the most. The kids were told they needed to ‘punch” the bad kings out, but leave the good kings of Israel and Judah. Our kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 children loved this quick activity!
How to Make Punch It!
To make this activity you will need a box of some sort. We used the boxes we got from the garden center. An empty pizza box would work great too. We then traced a plastic cup 8 times and used a box cutter to cut out the 8 circles.
Next I cut out 8 squares of tissue paper. I wrote with a marker the names of the kings on each square. Then we taped all four sides of the tissue paper behind the circles.
We gave each group of 7-8 kids a board Punch It! Board to work through together. It was such a fun way to review what we had learned. The kids thought it was great fun!
Note: I made sure I color coded the good kings so I could tell at a glance if the kids had gotten the answer correctly.
This activity works for a variety of stories for Kindergarten – 4th graders. It was slightly time consuming to make 8 boards, but these can easily be reused again and again.
Good and Bad Kings of the Bible
In case you were wondering what 8 kings we included in our review game, here are the ones we covered more than the others:
- Josiah – good king
- Hezekiah – good king
- Ahab – bad king
- Omri – bad king
- Jeroboam – bad king
- Ahaz – bad king
- Rehoboam – bad king
- Jehoshaphat – good king
Learn the Books of the Bible
Here are several fun activities we’ve used to help the kids learn the books of the Bible. They are well suited to most kids in elementary school. You may also like or Books of the Bible Snack or the Books of the Bible bulletin board.
- Books of the Bible bookmark
- Pool Noodle Books of the Bible Games for Kids
- 66 Books of the Bible Game for Kids
- Cup Books of the Bile Games
- Leaves Books of the Bible Games
- Learning the books of the bible with Lego
- Discs Books of the Bible Games
- Army of Spoons Books of the Bible Games
- Free Bible Bookcase Printable
Bible Printables for Kids
- Free printable books of the bible bookmarks templates
- Printable Bible Verses (verse cards for kids and families)
- Free Printable Sermon Notes for Kids (works with any sermon)
- Creation BINGO Printable Game
- Lampstand Zechariah the Prophet Craft
- Printable Jelly Bean Gospel for Kids
- Lesson from Nahum
- Prophet Ezekiel Craft
- Daniel and the Lions Den Craft
- Shadrach meshach and abednego craft
- Nehemiah Inspects the Wall Pipe Cleaner Glasses Craft
- Old Testament good and bad kings of the bible
- Joseph Coat of Many Color Craft
- Moses and the Red Sea Craft
- Jesus Ascension Craft
- Four Friends Bible Story
- See all our many Free Sunday School Lessons