These parable of the lost sheep craft activities are perfect for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders. The quick and easy lost sheep craft is sure to be a hit with kids and a great reminder of the bible story they learned in the sunday school lesson from Luke15. Simply download pdf file with lost sheep craft template and you are ready to go!
Parable of the lost sheep craft activities
This week in Sunday School we tackled three parables Jesus told: the parable of the lost sheep, the parable of the lost coin, and the Prodigal Son. We read the passage Luke 15:3-22. Since we had already done a pig craft, this year we decided to do a parable game and craft focusing on the other two parables. These parable of the lost sheep craft activities are perfect for preschoolers, kindergarteners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students. Make sure to grab our sheep craft template for the super cute cheerio parable of the lost sheep craft!
Parable of the Lost Coin Game
We played a parable of the lost sheep activities to help kids remember about Parable of the Lost Coin when Jesus told a parable about a woman searching for a missing coin.
As the kids came in they joined the circle. Kids put their hands behind their back and closed their eyes. We put a coin (or as there were more kids, multiple coins) in a child’s hand and then invited all the kids to open their eyes.
We picked a child to go in the center of the circle and guess who had the coin. After 3 guesses they got to go to the outside of the circle and be the person who put the coin(s) in people’s hands to repeat the round.
Lost sheep craft
This the lost sheep craft was a very simple, fun to make project to remember the Parable of the Lost Sheep. For this craft you need a few simple materials:
- the free printable sheep template (download below) printed on cardstock
- 100 cheerios (that is as much as a small Dixie cup)
- stick glue
Lost sheep craft template
Parable of the lost sheep craft
We tried this craft with several kinds of glue and I highly recommend stick glue. If kids apply a thick layer it will stick just as well, but dries almost instantly instead of taking hours!
Kids will apply glue and stick on 99 cheerios to stand for the 99 sheep the shepherd had, but he still went out looking for that one lost sheep.
Hint: This is also a great activity for practicing counting to 100 or for the 100 days of school.
Learn the Books of the Bible
Here are several fun activities we’ve used to help the kids learn the books of the Bible. They are well suited to most kids in elementary school. You may also like or Books of the Bible Snack or the Books of the Bible bulletin board.
- Books of the Bible bookmark
- Pool Noodle Books of the Bible Games for Kids
- 66 Books of the Bible Game for Kids
- Cup Books of the Bile Games
- Leaves Books of the Bible Games
- Learning the books of the bible with Lego
- Discs Books of the Bible Games
- Army of Spoons Books of the Bible Games
- Free Bible Bookcase Printable
- Parable of the lost sheep craft activities
- God protects us craft from the story of Nahum
- Prophet Ezekiel Craft (free printable template included)
- Zerubbabel Leads the Israelites Home Pennant Craft
- Lampstand Zechariah the Prophet Craft
- FUN Christmas Story Scavenger Hunt
- Jesus in the Temple Craft
- 12 Disciples Bible Crafts and Activities for Sunday School Lesson
- Wordless Book Craft
- Cain and Abel craft
- Jesus is Greater than John: Jesus Sandals Craft
The lost sheep craft
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to share, please share a link to this page for others to download their own copy. Thanks!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!