Here is a fun game to go along with the parable of the lost coin and a parable of the lost sheep craft kids from Preschool, Kindergarten, and 1st-3rd grade will enjoy as part of your Sunday school lessons.
This week in Sunday School we tackled three parables Jesus told: the parable of the lost sheep, the parable of the lost coin, and the Prodigal Son.
We read the passage Luke 15:3-22.
Since we had already done a pig craft this year we decided to do a game and craft focusing on the other two parables.
Parable of the Lost Coin Game
We played a game to help kids remember about our story today when Jesus told a parable about a woman searching for a missing coin.
As the kids came in they joined the circle. Kids put their hands behind their back and closed their eyes. We put a coin (or as there were more kids, multiple coins) in a child’s hand and then invited all the kids to open their eyes.
We picked a child to go in the center of the circle and guess who had the coin. After 3 guesses they got to go to the outside of the circle and be the person who put the coin(s) in people’s hands to repeat the round.
Parable of the Lost Sheep Craft for Kids
This was a very simple, fun to make Bible craft for kids.
For this craft you need the free printable sheep template (download below) printed on cardstock, 100 cheerios (that is as much as a small Dixie cup), and some stick glue.
We tried this craft with several kinds of glue and I highly recommend stick glue. If kids apply a thick layer it will stick just as well, but dries almost instantly instead of taking hours!
Kids will apply glue and stick on 99 cheerios to stand for the 99 sheep the shepherd had, but he still went out looking for that one lost sheep.
Hint: This is also a great activity for practicing counting to 100 or for the 100 days of school.
More Sunday School Lessons
- Nahum Prophet to Nineveh Craft (K-3rd)
- Prophet Ezekiel Pinwheel Craft (K-3rd)
- Daniel & the Lion’s Den Lion Pillow Craft (K-3rd)
- Shadrack, Mishak & Abednigo Fiery Furnace Craft
- Zerubbabel Leads the Israelites Home Pennant (coming soon)
- Zechariah Lampstand Craft (coming soon)
- Nehemiah Inspects the Wall
- Old Testament Kings Review Activity (K-4th)
Download Lost Sheep Parable Template
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to share, please share a link to this page for others to download their own copy. Thanks!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!