Here is a fun game to go along with the parable of the lost coin and a parable of the lost sheep craft kids from Preschool, Kindergarten, and 1st-3rd grade will enjoy as part of your Sunday school lessons.
Lost Sheep Parable
This week in Sunday School we tackled three parables Jesus told: the parable of the lost sheep, the parable of the lost coin, and the Prodigal Son.
We read the passage Luke 15:3-22.
Since we had already done a pig craft this year we decided to do a game and craft focusing on the other two parables.
Parable of the Lost Coin Game
We played a game to help kids remember about Parable of the Lost Coin when Jesus told a parable about a woman searching for a missing coin.
As the kids came in they joined the circle. Kids put their hands behind their back and closed their eyes. We put a coin (or as there were more kids, multiple coins) in a child’s hand and then invited all the kids to open their eyes.
We picked a child to go in the center of the circle and guess who had the coin. After 3 guesses they got to go to the outside of the circle and be the person who put the coin(s) in people’s hands to repeat the round.
Parable of the Lost Sheep Craft
This craft was a very simple, fun to make project to remember the Parable of the Lost Sheep.
For this craft you need the free printable sheep template (download below) printed on cardstock, 100 cheerios (that is as much as a small Dixie cup), and some stick glue.
We tried this craft with several kinds of glue and I highly recommend stick glue. If kids apply a thick layer it will stick just as well, but dries almost instantly instead of taking hours!
Kids will apply glue and stick on 99 cheerios to stand for the 99 sheep the shepherd had, but he still went out looking for that one lost sheep.
Hint: This is also a great activity for practicing counting to 100 or for the 100 days of school.
Learn the Books of the Bible
Here are several fun activities we’ve used to help the kids learn the books of the Bible. They are well suited to most kids in elementary school. You may also like or Books of the Bible Snack or the Books of the Bible bulletin board.
- Books of the Bible bookmark
- Pool Noodle Books of the Bible Games for Kids
- 66 Books of the Bible Game for Kids
- Cup Books of the Bile Games
- Leaves Books of the Bible Games
- Learning the books of the bible with Lego
- Discs Books of the Bible Games
- Army of Spoons Books of the Bible Games
- Free Bible Bookcase Printable
- Parable of the lost sheep craft activities
- God protects us craft from the story of Nahum
- Prophet Ezekiel Craft (free printable template included)
- Zerubbabel Leads the Israelites Home Pennant Craft
- Lampstand Zechariah the Prophet Craft
- FUN Christmas Story Scavenger Hunt
- Jesus in the Temple Craft
- 12 Disciples Bible Crafts and Activities for Sunday School Lesson
- Wordless Book Craft
- Cain and Abel craft
- Jesus is Greater than John: Jesus Sandals Craft
Download Lost Sheep Parable Template
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to share, please share a link to this page for others to download their own copy. Thanks!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!