This beautiful easter cross craft shows the cross at sunrise. This easter cross craft ideas is well suited for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th graders. The technique is so much fun and produces a different sunrise or sunset every time with such a fun, simple paper plate cross craft. Use this cross easter craft in April or anytime you are talking about Jesus’ resurrection at Sunday School as part of a Bible story lesson.
Easter cross craft
If you are looking for an easter cross crafts to make this Easter – you will love this fun Easter Cross craft! This easter crosses to make is such a fun, easy to make Easter craft for kids. Make this cross crafts for easter with reschoolers, kindergarteners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students. This cross crafts for easter uses such a fun unique technique with coffee filters and bingo markers or markers that makes such a beautiful cross crafts for easter. THis sunrise craft turns out differently every time!
Easter cross craft ideas
On a covered surface color a coffee filter with bingo markers or markers in shades of red, pink, orange, and yellow.
Easter cross crafts
Now use a spray bottle to lightly mist on the coffee filter which will smear the colors nicely. Blot with a paper towel on the top & bottom to get off the excess moisture.
Note: Coffee filter will be dry and ready to use in 10-20 minutes.
Paper plate cross craft
Using a pencil draw a scene of the crosses of Calvary on your plate like above.
Cross easter craft
Using scissors punch through the plate on the line. Then cut out the scene you traced.
Note: If you are using this for a Sunday School class, use this plate as a template to trace the other plates. I was able to cut to plates stacked up at a time. It took me about 90 minutes to get 60 crafts and an example ready.
Easter crosses to make
Now put glue on the back of the plate. Make sure to go all around the edges and up the cross and hill. If you use liquid glue just don’t use too much. Stick glue or tape also works really well.
Now press your dry, colored coffee filter on the glue and press down the edges and center. Wipe away any extra glue.
Cross crafts for easter
There is one of the possible looks for this Crosses on Calvary Easter Craft. I love that it is sturdy and durable – which is great for Sunday School kids to take home. Plus each kid did such a good job varying up the look and style of their coloring there were some truly beautiful stain glass window scenes.
This craft was a huge hit for our Easter Sunday School Lesson!
Easter Arts and Crafts
- Water Resist Easter Egg Crafts
- Easter Egg Wreath Printable Easter Crafts
- Easter Egg Activities and Crafts – lots of fun Ideas for Kids
- Mason Jar Easter Bunny Craft
- Stained Glass Art for Kids – simple, yet stunning craft for kids of all ages!
- Easter Cross Craft at showing the cross at sunrise
- Lots of super cute Jesus Resurrection Craft Ideas
- Must try, Edible Peeps Playdough
- Bunny Paper Bag Puppet Craft Idea
- Recycled Easter Basket craft for preschoolers
- 20 Jelly Bean Crafts and Activities
- Lots of Cute Bunny Crafts for Toddlers
- Ink Pad Spring Craft for Preschoolers
- Make a family Resurection Garden
- Plus check out all these clever Plastic Easter Egg Activities
- 100 Easter craft for Elementary students
Free Easter Printables
These fun activities use our free easter printables to save you on prep work!
- Printable Easter Scavenger Hunt for at home or neighborhood
- Super cute Easter Color by Number Hat Craft
- Free Printable Bunny Ears Template to print in color or black and white
- Fun Easter Bingo (religious)
- Easter Egg Activity for Toddlers – egg hunt and color sorting activity
- Simple Easter Activity for Kindergarten Color Matching
- Counting Eggs Easter Playdough Mats
- Free Printable Easter Mazes – are a fun print and go activity
- Jelly Bean Gospel Printable
- Visual Discrimination Easter Egg Activities
- Easter Tracing and Coloring Pages
- Easter Color by Number Worksheets or try these Easter Color by Number Pages
- Bunny Letter Matching Spring Activity for Preschool
- Count and Trace Jelly Bean Eggs Easter Number Trace
- Alphabet Mats Easter Activity for Preschoolers
- Learn Color Words with this Easter Worksheets for Preschoolers Reader
- Free Jelly Bean Counting Worksheet
- Count and Clip Easter Activities for Preschool
- Preschool Math Puzzle Egg Puzzle Printables
- Easter activity for Kindergarten practicing sight words
Make learning fun by adding one of these engaging easter activity ideas to your Easter Theme
- Homophone Puzzles Easter Activitiy for Kids
- Parts of Speach Easter Worksheets
- Planting Carrot CVC Words Activity
- Word Family Easter Worksheets or Word Family Easter Egg Word Families
- Alphabet Easter Memory Game
- Color by Letter Easter Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Easter Egg Phonics Printables
- Practice patterns with this super cute Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Matching Easter Activity for Preschool
- Letter Tracing Easter Alphabet Letters
- Easter Math Challenge
- Count and Clip Easter Math Game
- Create-a-Word Easter Spelling Activities
- Easter Egg Activity Matching Fractions
- Count to 20 Easter Math Puzzles
- Easter Math Worksheets where students will color by Hundreds Chart
- Fun Easter sight word activities
- Alphabet Easter Egg Hunt for pre-k and kindergarten
Easter Science Experiments
- Easy Floating Egg Experiment Worksheet
- Amazing Air Presssure Experiments using an Egg
- Fun Egg Drop Project Ideas
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- EASY Egg geode experiment hypothesis for kids of all ages!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter science experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- MUST try Beautiful capillary action experiment
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way