Did you know that October 3rd is Techie’s day? Celebrate with these fun coding activities for kids.
This is a day to celebrate all things technology-based, computer-oriented, and cutting-edge. Kids can get in on this day too with these fun coding activities for kids. These coding activities are mostly all offline, teaching kids the thinking and logic behind programming and coding, without crowding them around a screen all day. Kids will love these hands-on coding games and activities that will help them celebrate Techie’s Day in style.
Technology is the career of the future, and helping kids form a knowledge base about technology, programming, coding, and other tech-heavy skills is a wonderful way to help prepare them for the future. Even preschoolers can help learn the basic logic behind programming with many of these activities, which are perfect for kids of all ages. Each activity can be adapted for a range of ages, from preschool all the way up to high school.
Coding Activities for Kids
Try your hands at these fun Coding Activities for Kids and it just might become the new techie in your house!
Code your birthday into a fun wearable bracelet!
- Get a coding caterpillar to follow a path! // Schooling a Monkey
- Build a LEGO coding maze! // Research Parent
- Hide secret messages in LEGO coding maze! // Schooling a Monkey
- Make a superhero-themed coding mat! // Little Bins for Little Hands
- Bring your coding activities outside in this fun game! // Left Brain Craft Brain
- Make a necklace with your name in binary! // Mama Smiles
- Build your own spy decoder. // Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls
- Practice writing binary with these fun cards. // Playdough to Plato
- Make a Pi bracelet! // And Next Comes L
- Play this fun hot dog robot coding game. // iGame Mom
- Kids can learn the basics of coding with this fun Angry Birds game. // Brain Power Boy
- Coding and turtles combine in this board game. // Science Kiddo