Computers and computer skills are incredibly important in this day and age. Help your children get a leg up by helping them learn about coding for kids with these fun, creative, and engaging coding activities for kids. These fun coding projects for kids are perfect for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students. From coding with lego, coding printables, coding with post it notes, coding worksheets, coding games and more these are sure to make learning to code fun for kids.
Coding Activities for Kids
Kids can get in on this day too with these fun coding activities for kids. These coding activities are mostly all offline, teaching kids the thinking and logic behind programming and coding, without crowding them around a screen all day. Kids will love these hands-on coding games and activities that will help them celebrate Techie’s Day on October 4th in style. These coding projects for kids are perfect for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students.
Technology is the career of the future, and helping kids form a knowledge base about technology, programming, coding, and other tech-heavy skills is a wonderful way to help prepare them for the future. Even preschoolers can help learn the basic logic behind programming with many of these activities, which are perfect for kids of all ages. Each activity can be adapted for a range of ages, from preschool all the way up to high school.
Coding projects for kids
Try your hands at these fun Coding Activities for Kids and it just might become the new techie in your house!
- Code your birthday into a fun wearable coding project for kids bracelet!
- Get a coding caterpillar to follow a path! // Schooling a Monkey
- Build a LEGO coding maze! // Research Parent
- Hide secret messages in LEGO coding maze! // Schooling a Monkey
- Make a superhero-themed coding mat! // Little Bins for Little Hands
- Bring your coding activities outside in this fun game! // Left Brain Craft Brain
- Make a necklace with your name in binary! // Mama Smiles
Coding for Kids
- Build your own spy decoder. // Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls
- Practice writing binary with these fun cards. // Playdough to Plato
- Make a Pi bracelet! // And Next Comes L
- Play this fun hot dog robot coding game. // iGame Mom
- Kids can learn the basics of coding with this fun Angry Birds game. // Brain Power Boy
- Coding and turtles combine in this board game. // Science Kiddo
Coding Apps and Games
Looking for more great content? We have over 1 million free printable worksheets conveniently arranged by subject or grade: super cute Pre k Worksheets, fun kindergarten worksheets, free 1st grade worksheets, handy 2nd grade worksheets, printable 3rd grade worksheets, and 4th grade worksheets
- Help kids learn their ABCs and work on letter recognition with these super cute A to Z Worksheet pages
- Over 2000 pages of free alphabet printables to find exactly what you are looking for!
- Huge pack of solar system worksheets
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Simple machines for kids projects, lesson plans, printables, and more!
- FREE Maps for kids including printable world map for kids, continent maps, and country maps too
- Handy Sight Words Printable list plus lots of sight word games, activities, and worksheets too!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- We also have reading list like this 1st grade reading books pdf to help you pick engaging books for kids!
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- Make learning fun with these free cut and paste worksheets
- Plus don’t miss this outrageously fun Human Body Project
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Teach kids to tell time with this huge pack of printable time puzzles
Plus don’t miss these popular posts from our sister sites:
- Shaped Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Lots of cute, themed Free Kindergarten Worksheets
- Bingo Dauber Printables
- Printable Lowercase letter alphabet crafts
- Printable Uppercase alphabet Letter Crafts
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Letter Recognition Worksheets with do a do markers
- Lots of free ABC Printables for preschoolers
- Free Playdough Mats to work on shapes, numbers, colors, alphabet letters, and more!
- Uppercase Letter Tracing with animal alphabet mats
- Free Color Worksheets
- Simple, free alphabet worksheets
I must say these are some of the best activities which I have read till now to teach coding for kids. What’s even more interesting is, all are offline activities which I think is very much necessary for kids, to shift their focus from screen based coding. All the different activities which you have shared will be very much useful to develop the right environment for kids to learn coding skills. Thanks!